Last year in MVFC

WIU2DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neckfansince71

That is okay with me!   ;)
 jc
sealhall74

It is refreshing to think that we SHOULD be able to compete for conference championships in all sports once again.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necksalum09

Called it a month or so ago! Glad to be making this change!
WIU2DC

It’s something we needed to do but in my perfect world Illinois State and SIU comes with us too. Just like having those rivalries (well not recently lol)

Does anyone think anyone else will eventually leave MVFC too? Like Indiana State?

Sycamorefan96

WIU2DC wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:17 pm It’s something we needed to do but in my perfect world Illinois State and SIU comes with us too. Just like having those rivalries (well not recently lol)

Does anyone think anyone else will eventually leave MVFC too? Like Indiana State?

I wish we would / could for at least football. Hard to imagine us leaving MVC basketball and MVC baseball behind though, even if the basketball isn't as good as it used to be. 
sealhall74

Enjoy this year and make the most of it.  Playing in the toughest conference means you can sneak into the playoff with even a so-so record.  Starting next year, you probably need to be top two in the conference to get in.
Embrace the pace of the race.
4EverPurple&Gold

I may be in a small group, but I wish we could of stayed in the MVFC, the best conference in the FCS. but I do understand we will be able to compete fully 
rocki

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:41 pm I may be in a small group, but I wish we could of stayed in the MVFC, the best conference in the FCS. but I do understand we will be able to compete fully 

Ideally, yes, I wish we could have stayed. Ideally I would like to see the conference go back to when it was the Gateway, and Youngstown was probably the farthest travel-wise. But, they are not going to dump the Dakota schools - and even if we were athletically competitive with them, the travel costs are too high. Too many D1 schools in IL fighting for a piece of the pie when the Dakotas have many fewer D1 schools competing for $$$$. This is where my old butt says I miss the good old days...........
leatherneckcountry

rocki wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:07 pm
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:41 pm I may be in a small group, but I wish we could of stayed in the MVFC, the best conference in the FCS. but I do understand we will be able to compete fully 

Ideally, yes, I wish we could have stayed. Ideally I would like to see the conference go back to when it was the Gateway, and Youngstown was probably the farthest travel-wise. But, they are not going to dump the Dakota schools - and even if we were athletically competitive with them, the travel costs are too high. Too many D1 schools in IL fighting for a piece of the pie when the Dakotas have many fewer D1 schools competing for $$$$. This is where my old butt says I miss the good old days...........

I’ll miss the MVC but I would rather be in a conference were we have a good chance of winning every week instead of knowing that we’re more than likely going to lose.