Does the move to OVC buy Coach Hendrickson Time

4EverPurple&Gold

I think like a lot of fans, year one of Hendrickson did not go as plan and was very tough to watch.

My question is, that does this move give him more time. I think this season doesn't really matter since we are leaving the MVFC, but moving to a easier conference the following season if the results are still bad, do we look elsewhere or how much time do we give him?  

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:24 pm I think like a lot of fans, year one of Hendrickson did not go as plan and was very tough to watch.

My question is, that does this move give him more time. I think this season doesn't really matter since we are leaving the MVFC, but moving to a easier conference the following season if the results are still bad, do we look elsewhere or how much time do we give him? 

I would say probably not. Everyone involved is pretty well aware of the strength of the two conferences. We should improve our win count by at least 2-3 games moving to the OVC, so if we don't see at least that, then I think the seat would be pretty hot.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
bignecks

I think it buys him time. If we don't win a game this year again, he may see that first year in the OVC. He's Bubb's guy. 
dogwhisper

bignecks wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:54 pm I think it buys him time. If we don't win a game this year again, he may see that first year in the OVC. He's Bubb's guy. 

Bubb didn't hire him, 11 more games to go.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dogwhisper wrote:
bignecks wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:54 pm I think it buys him time. If we don't win a game this year again, he may see that first year in the OVC. He's Bubb's guy. 

They usually do 3-year contracts, I think (I don’t know for sure that that’s the case with Myers though). This will be year #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:26 pm
dogwhisper wrote:

They usually do 3-year contracts, I think (I don’t know for sure that that’s the case with Myers though). This will be year #2.

He will Coach out his contract.  WIU can't afford 2 colors of helmets, no way they can afford to buyout a contract.  

4EverPurple&Gold

GV wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:57 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:26 pm
dogwhisper wrote:

He will Coach out his contract.  WIU can't afford 2 colors of helmets, no way they can afford to buyout a contract.  

2 color helmets, what now??
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:52 pm 2 color helmets, what now??

Due to financial constraints, the team will be going with only one helmet design/color combination this year. In the past they have usually had two.
4EverPurple&Gold

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:14 pm
4EverPurple&Gold wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:52 pm 2 color helmets, what now??

Due to financial constraints, the team will be going with only one helmet design/color combination this year. In the past they have usually had two.

Thanks for the info Scott... 

This is embarrassing...  
sealhall74

Set a team goal as an incentive to EARN the right to wear an alternate uniform NEXT year.  Does not have to be simply Ws but could be complicated.  Maybe a combination of Ws, GPA, hours of community service, work in the weight room, etc.

Embrace the pace of the race.