Future Football Schedules

WIU2DC

ST_Lawson wrote:
WIU2DC wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am Has anyone heard any rumors or guess about our schedule for 2023? FBSschedules isn’t much help and I’m hoping we start off some where on Thursday. I really enjoy the opening week Thursday game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't heard anything, but I'd imagine getting the OOC schedule finalized for 2023 is going to be one of the higher priorities for the new AD.
Who do I email asking for week 1 to continue to be Thursday night and an away game? Image

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like the OOC schedule for 2023 is pretty much finalized with the following two updates:
https://fbschedules.com/new-mexico-stat ... -schedule/
https://fbschedules.com/western-illinoi ... 2023-2026/

Which makes our schedule the following:
9/2 - at New Mexico State (FBS, CUSA), $360k guarantee
9/9 - at Southern Utah (WAC)
9/16 - vs Lindenwood (OVC)

I do have the conference schedule posted in the first post of this thread, but that was from before Murray State was announced to be joining the conference in 2023. It's likely that the addition will shuffle things around a bit.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:47 am Looks like the OOC schedule for 2023 is pretty much finalized with the following two updates:

I do have the conference schedule posted in the first post of this thread, but that was from before Murray State was announced to be joining the conference in 2023. It's likely that the addition will shuffle things around a bit.

Does a transitioning  Lindenwood  count towards at large playoff consideration?

Back to back Las Cruses and Cedar City is pretty expensive or :shock:
 pretty brutal 

WIU2DC

Western_101 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:47 am Looks like the OOC schedule for 2023 is pretty much finalized with the following two updates:

Does a transitioning  Lindenwood  count towards at large playoff consideration?

pretty brutal 

May be expensive but those are three OOC games we can easily win.

sealhall74

Might be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and just stay out west for a whole week.  They certainly would have the money to do it.  Labor Day holiday between games.  Be a great recruiting perk if you can make it happen.  Grand Canyon tour plus much more no doubt.

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:12 pm Does a transitioning  Lindenwood  count towards at large playoff consideration?

pretty brutal

I think they do, although FCS doesn't have an official minimum like the FBS does for bowl eligibility. I'd think by 2023, they'd be close enough to count at least as much as a Pioneer League team.
Western_101

Thank you Scott, I guess I checked out on this thread. Rude, My apologies. 

The expensive is the flights.  The brutal is the bus. If WESTERN buses those games they had better give the team an extra day to recover. Which I have to imagine two hotel nights for a football team is less than one night and a charter flight.

I might see how if "Hen" can turn it around maybe it's worth it to the team to fly for Las Cruses. It would eat into the guarantee money which is not great, however, I am glad they did secure an FBS for '23 it was beginning to look bleak (for any FBS game of any level).

Online learning has become more normalized, It could be more cost effective to fly to New Mexico State then bus to Flagstaff strike a deal to schedule hours early at NAU Sky Dome and then head off to Utah Tech. I would not be in favor of this scheduling for the student athletes moving forward. I understand this back to back arrangement is an anomaly. I don't know if we win a game in '22 (maybe zero maybe 5) so I suppose projecting '23 is premature. 

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like we'll have to reschedule our game at Southern Utah next fall. Also, in '23 and '24 we will "miss" Murray State, South Dakota State, and Youngstown State

FBSchedules.com is showing our game at Southern Utah as being moved to 9/23, so it looks like our schedule for next year should be:

9/2 - at New Mexico State
9/9 - Illinois State
9/16 - Lindenwood
9/23 - at Southern Utah
9/30 - BYE
10/7 - at North Dakota
10/14 - Missouri State
10/21 - at North Dakota State
10/28 - Southern Illinois
11/4 - at Northern Iowa
11/11 - at Indiana State
11/18 - South Dakota

That week 5 bye week is a week or two later than most of the teams in our conference, it looks like.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, Homecoming 2023 will be October 28th. This was a change from the previously-scheduled October 7th date (which was changed to an away game when Murray State was added and the MVFC schedule was shuffled).

So...Homecoming 2023...10/28/2023