Women's Volleyball!

meganeck
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:38 pm

wiu712 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:17 pm
meganeck wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm
I see they had a volleyball camp, how can they have one when they don't even have a coach. Who ran it?
Assistant Coach Taylor Szypulski was the Camp Director.

OK, I didn't know if the assistants were still around, but i guess she is probably the acting head coach. Thanks 712
meganeck
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Season starts in 3 weeks and no official coach yet.
User avatar
Neckfansince71
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 am

I heard the final interviews took place this last week. Hoping to hear something very very soon! ;) jc
meganeck
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am

Neckfansince71 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 am
I heard the final interviews took place this last week. Hoping to hear something very very soon! ;) jc
thanks for the update!
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3457
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm

meganeck wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am
Neckfansince71 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 am
I heard the final interviews took place this last week. Hoping to hear something very very soon! ;) jc
thanks for the update!
At this late juncture, you are probably looking at
1) an assistant/grad assistant looking for first head coaching job
OR
2) a "Coach Emeritus" with a little passion left before riding off into the sunset.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
User avatar
Tere North
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:27 pm

sealhall74 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:06 pm
meganeck wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am
Neckfansince71 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:37 am
I heard the final interviews took place this last week. Hoping to hear something very very soon! ;) jc
thanks for the update!
At this late juncture, you are probably looking at
1) an assistant/grad assistant looking for first head coaching job
OR
2) a "Coach Emeritus" with a little passion left before riding off into the sunset.
I'd expect the current assistant to be named the head coach so that there is some level of continuity this close to the start of the season.
meganeck
Posts: 808
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Hey they finally hired a Volleyball coach, Ben Staupe, an assistant coach at Wisconsin-Whitewater
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 pm

meganeck wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 pm
Hey they finally hired a Volleyball coach, Ben Staupe, an assistant coach at Wisconsin-Whitewater
Yeah gotta love those D3 assistants
wiu712
Posts: 3860
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Ben Staupe Selected to Lead Western Volleyball Program.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/8/ ... ogram.aspx
User avatar
Neckfansince71
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Take a look at his vitae, he has had some good success at the JC level! I think its a very good hire! And besides that, he wants to coach the Leathernecks!!;) jc
Post Reply