New Front Page

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
WIU0812

Was thinking you should make link to the athletic facilities and place some awesome info and photos of them on there. The one the school has on goleathernecks site does not do any of them justice. That would be an awesome feature to have on there.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Ok, I revised and re-enabled the front page. I took out the facebook and twitter sections, since they were severely slowing down the page, and in their place, put navigation links to the forum and social media page. Not 100% sure how I'll do those links once people are in the forum section, but it's better than nothing at this point.

I'll see what I can do for facilities at some point in the future. I want to continue to get existing stuff cleaned up a bit before setting up some new things. I'll keep it in mind though.

Thanks.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For some reason the News section isn't showing all the articles it should. It's pulling from a few RSS feeds and should also be showing stuff like these:
Sammy Marshall Named Academic All-League
and
It's been a memorable four years

Going to keep working on that, see if I can make it work correctly.
WIU0812

ST you working any more magic for the page with any new features or looks or are you waiting until the big change comes for the goleatherneck site?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I was able to get the RSS feed thing fixed a while back. June has pretty much been taken up by a big event I'm helping to organize that is the last weekend of the month. Then the new goleathernecks.com should be up and I'll be able to revisit (and possibly have to re-do) some of the content on the front page. I also have to get the "still-in-progress" live chat feature up and running, but I figure, I've got a little time (until 8/28) to get that all set up.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions/ideas and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sealhall74

ST, I am seeing some severe sluggishness the last couple or three days. I don't think it is at my end because other sites seem responsive. Any idea how many other sites or apps were are competing with on the same hardware?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

I'm also experiencing the same thing. Taking a long time for the initial webpage to load.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's not just you guys, I've seen the same thing happening. Not sure that there's much I can do to fix it though, since it appears to be a bit of slowness with our web host. Most likely just a temporary issue for a few days and it'll get better soon. Could just be that one of the sites on our shared hosting has gotten a recent traffic boost.
WIU0812

Seems to have been working great lately with no noticeable slowness. Any new features in the works there now that the new goleathernecks site is out?
sealhall74

The old mare just don't want to pull too hard today. Must be that time of the month. :)
Embrace the pace of the race.