AD interviews and candidates

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
meganeck
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:48 pm
CRS Neck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Image
Can’t go with the best choice when you can go with the cheapest one.
I hope the best for her and hope she turns out to be a good one, but I had a feeling she was going to be the choice. So this whole thing was probably a big waste.
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 pm

meganeck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:48 pm
CRS Neck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Image
Can’t go with the best choice when you can go with the cheapest one.


I hope the best for her and hope she turns out to be a good one, but I had a feeling she was going to be the choice. So this whole thing was probably a big waste.
Me to even though she has done nothing since taking over if anything things have gotten worse but hopefully that will change since she has the job now.
meganeck
Posts: 1028
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:34 pm

leatherneckcountry wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 pm
meganeck wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Can’t go with the best choice when you can go with the cheapest one.


I hope the best for her and hope she turns out to be a good one, but I had a feeling she was going to be the choice. So this whole thing was probably a big waste.
Me to even though she has done nothing since taking over if anything things have gotten worse but hopefully that will change since she has the job now.
Didn't you read the release and see all of the stuff she has done during her as Interim AD lol. Seriously though i would be interested to know what cost savings measures she has implemented and if she really was the person behind the new corporate sponorships
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5665
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm

I don't know much about what goes on in the AD's office, so I wish her the best. I just want our teams and student-athletes to succeed. If she's the best person for the job, then that's fine with me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
User avatar
Neckfansince71
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 pm

So what new corporate sponsors are you talking about? ;) jc
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3998
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:57 pm

She will be only as good as the dollars she has available to work with just like anyone else in her position.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
wiu2013
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm

I understand cutting cost, but if cutting cost affects teams and their ability to compete than the AD office need to figure out solutions. Ex: Football team travel the last game. How do you expect any team to be at their best when they need to be when they must travel on a bus for 6-8 hours. What is the purpose of teams playing guarantee games when they are not allowed to spend the money raised according to how they see fit that benefits their program.
User avatar
Tere North
Posts: 955
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 pm

wiu2013 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm
I understand cutting cost, but if cutting cost affects teams and their ability to compete than the AD office need to figure out solutions. Ex: Football team travel the last game. How do you expect any team to be at their best when they need to be when they must travel on a bus for 6-8 hours. What is the purpose of teams playing guarantee games when they are not allowed to spend the money raised according to how they see fit that benefits their program.
Basketball and other sports do it all the time. Why should it be different for Football.
wiu2013
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Football was just one of the many examples. Yes, basketball does it all the time so the scenario could fit anyone. The athletic department just needs to be smart about where they are making cuts in their budget. You can't expect to be a DI school, but operate on a D2/D3 mentality then complain when someone does not win after big bodies are traveling such a distance on a cramped bus.
leatherneckcountry
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:12 am

wiu2013 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:29 pm
I understand cutting cost, but if cutting cost affects teams and their ability to compete than the AD office need to figure out solutions. Ex: Football team travel the last game. How do you expect any team to be at their best when they need to be when they must travel on a bus for 6-8 hours. What is the purpose of teams playing guarantee games when they are not allowed to spend the money raised according to how they see fit that benefits their program.
Most of the schools in the summit will drive up to 8 hrs before they start flying out
Post Reply