[tweet]685574409113878529[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd bet what we'll see is:

1. Interim Director of Athletics -> Director of Athletics
2. Athletics reports directly to President, rather than being under Department of Student Services (this is how most schools are set up).

EDIT - because I was trying to think of any "bad" situations that they'd be announcing, and nothing else seems to make any sense based on moves that have already been made.
Only other possibility would be maybe something in regards to other sports...either reinstating men's tennis (if there's been significant "uproar" from alumni and parents) or dropping something like swimming/diving. But even that doesn't really seem likely at this point.

EDIT 2 - also, they do "bad news" on Fridays....Biller fired, faculty layoffs, etc. Mondays are for "good news" or at least neutral news. If it is what my guess is, then I'd call that good news, as near as I can tell.
Tere North

Scott, I agree with both of your assertions!
meganeck

John Bohnenkamp is saying, he is hearing it is not as ominous as it sounds
ibleedpurpleandgold

maybe they will announce that they have decided to demote coach fisher to oc and have signed chip kelly as head coach lol.
ibleedpurpleandgold

i don't see how this could be anything other than to announce tanney as the ad if it involves anything else i'm sure it would have been discussed with coach fisher before taking the job.
wiu712

Since it will be held in the Prairie Lounge of the University Union, I would expect that it would be something positive.
ibleedpurpleandgold

yeah it's Dr. thomas so i assume it will be good news.
W1U

It's in the Brattain Lounge apparently. I've never heard of it which is weird because I'm pretty familiar with the Union.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

W1U wrote:It's in the Brattain Lounge apparently. I've never heard of it which is weird because I'm pretty familiar with the Union.
It's the old Prairie Lounge. Was renamed the Brattain Lounge just over a year ago in honor of William Brattain: http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=12144
Brattain was the Associate Vice President Emeritus for Student Services and Professor Emeritus of Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration. He passed away a couple of weeks ago: http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=13199

It's the large open area just off from the Grand Ballroom that overlooks the football field and north part of campus: http://www.wiu.edu/student_services/uni ... nMap13.pdf