Former President Jack Thomas

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For the curious, Jack Thomas has been named president of Central State University, a HBCU in southwestern Ohio.
https://www.pjstar.com/news/20200207/fo ... university

I don't know enough about the details of his contract with Western to know if that means we don't have to pay him next year (when he had the option to return as faculty) or if we do still have to.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I truly wish him well at Central State University. They were on our football schedule many many years ago. I think his contract was based on the fact that he would come back and teach at WIU. I don't think WIU has to pay his salary once he is again under another contract. Just my gut reaction though. ;) jc
sealhall74

Looks like Jack might be getting a little better press box at the stadium. :lol:

Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm I truly wish him well at Central State University. They were on our football schedule many many years ago. I think his contract was based on the fact that he would come back and teach at WIU. I don't think WIU has to pay his salary once he is again under another contract. Just my gut reaction though. ;) jc
They are liable for the first 3 years unless he earns >$350k. However, that 3rd year is dependent on his returning to teach 1 class/semester. So out the 2 years at a min unless he has a pretty sizeable salary at Central. But heck, that's far better than into perpetuity.
wiu712

New Job for Former WIU President Jack Thomas.
From Tri-States Public Radio, WIUM-FM:
https://www.tspr.org/post/new-job-forme ... ack-thomas