GDT: WIU vs NAU (9/10/2016)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

It's midnight folks...that means it's gameday once again. In slightly less than 15 hours from now, we kickoff against Northern Arizona.
Another week...another ranked opponent (well...technically EIU was "borderline", but I just mean that's what it feels like to play Valley Football).

I'll keep the meme-ing simple this time. In honor of the 50th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek on TV (yea, I'm a nerd...I don't care)....

Captain Kirk...can you give us any clue as to the gameplan for the Leathernecks today?

And how about Captain Picard...what's you're prediction for Leatherneck Football today?

And finally...Captain Sisko...how do you think you'll address the Leathernecks following the game today?

There we have it folks, not much else to say.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
yokedneck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
wiu712

For fans unable to access ESPN3, today's game is listed as being available via First Row Sports.
Game time is 15:00
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/american-football.html
wiu712

Game day forecast:

Rain fell during the overnight hours in Macomb. Skies are starting to clear this morning.

A mix of clouds and sun today. High of 72. Will be breezy with NW winds at 10-20 mph. UV index: 7 of 10.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:Game day forecast:

Rain fell during the overnight hours in Macomb. Skies are starting to clear this morning.

A mix of clouds and sun today. High of 72. Will be breezy with NW winds at 10-20 mph. UV index: 7 of 10.
I am hoping for frequent gusts up to 25mph to add a little element of risk to NAU passing game.
Embrace the pace of the race.
NAUDave

Fellas and Fellettes if there are any on here. Just wanted to come by and say it's been great talking about this game all week with you guys. Full disclosure, I grew up an Arizona State fan and last week was complete hell for me. haha. I was a rabid fan for a long time and had my days on ASU message boards and talking with Oregon, USC and the hated Arizona fans and discussions never went well. I really enjoyed talking about this game without the stupid smack talk that usually clogs boards. I've seen your score predictions and some have a low scoring game. From what I know about NAU and seen by your team, I can't see this being a low scoring game at all. I sat and thought about it all last night during a high school game I was at and came to this: Of course I take NAU, but it will be close. I have it 35-31 Jacks. I think NAU does what they can early to stop the run and then mix up defense from there. Honestly, from what I know about NAU's offense and what you say about your defense, I'll be surprised if Cookus doesn't have a 300-400 yard passing game. Our key to win is limit turnovers, we HAVE to run the ball at least to an average level and our special teams has to be a whole lot better than last week. So, here's to a GREAT game between our squads, most importantly NO injuries and let's plan for fun between us for next year's game in Flagstaff when it's all said and done. Thanks for a fun week and the best of luck to you all.....after this week. ;)

Dave
rocki

NAUDave wrote:Fellas and Fellettes if there are any on here. Just wanted to come by and say it's been great talking about this game all week with you guys. Full disclosure, I grew up an Arizona State fan and last week was complete hell for me. haha. I was a rabid fan for a long time and had my days on ASU message boards and talking with Oregon, USC and the hated Arizona fans and discussions never went well. I really enjoyed talking about this game without the stupid smack talk that usually clogs boards. I've seen your score predictions and some have a low scoring game. From what I know about NAU and seen by your team, I can't see this being a low scoring game at all. I sat and thought about it all last night during a high school game I was at and came to this: Of course I take NAU, but it will be close. I have it 35-31 Jacks. I think NAU does what they can early to stop the run and then mix up defense from there. Honestly, from what I know about NAU's offense and what you say about your defense, I'll be surprised if Cookus doesn't have a 300-400 yard passing game. Our key to win is limit turnovers, we HAVE to run the ball at least to an average level and our special teams has to be a whole lot better than last week. So, here's to a GREAT game between our squads, most importantly NO injuries and let's plan for fun between us for next year's game in Flagstaff when it's all said and done. Thanks for a fun week and the best of luck to you all.....after this week. ;)

Dave
Back atcha, Dave (only with the opposite result on the game score, of course!!)

Smack talk has it's place, but in contests like this, it's hard to do that. (Now, when we play Missouri State, that will be a whole different story - barring something completely hideous, we should win that one handily). Got tons of respect for your squad and their abilities. Here's hoping both teams play their best football, remain injury-free, and have a great game - sounds like it's gonna be good football weather!
sealhall74

Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

not USD or ISU so no need for smack talk
leatherneckcountry

Anybody at tailgating wondering if it's a decent crowd in Q lot