WIU at Northern Illinois (9/24/2016)

LocalYokelFan

I'm not going to make a prediction on this one, but I will say this, I really like our chances. We're 2-0, rested, battle tested and playing with house money in this game. NIU on the other hand hasn't looked good at all the past 3 weeks, has watched their conference mates lose some pretty embarrassing non-con games to this point, while seeing the MVFC do some pretty big things recently. All the pressure on the 'speedsters' from DeKalb. I think they'll learn early on that WIU thinks they're a more physical football team than they are. Honestly, I think NAU was a great 'stepping stone' game for the WIU defense to prepare for going into DeKalb. They're both hurry up, spread-type offenses who like to get the ball on the edges and then downfield.

Typically, going against FBS teams is difficult because you look at the teams' linemen and just can visually tell which team is from the FCS and which is from the FBS. I'm not so sure you'll see that drastic difference between these 2 teams on Saturday.

Like always vs. FBS teams, it will be tough to pull out the upset, but I think this one is there for the taking. Go get 'em 'Necks!!!
Western_101

For those that believe the 'Necks will win or keep it within 7 go to 5dimes and place a bet.

5dimes is legit, but they are certainly skirting the spirit of the law (conveniently not operating on US sovereign land)

I wonder if the spread will move any before kickoff? I'm guilty of wagering on it before, but my wife says I can't do it anymore because I don't know what I'm doing and always choose poorly :?
letsgonecks

RedNeck wrote:For those that believe the 'Necks will win or keep it within 7 go to 5dimes and place a bet.

5dimes is legit, but they are certainly skirting the spirit of the law (conveniently not operating on US sovereign land)

I wonder if the spread will move any before kickoff? I'm guilty of wagering on it before, but my wife says I can't do it anymore because I don't know what I'm doing and always choose poorly :?
I think Lenoir's status would need to be known before making a wager. Still believe we have a chance if he's not a go, but much better with.
rocki

Wagering aside, has anyone heard any reports about player status this week? I know Coach said Sean was banged up, but then he said he looked like he was doing pretty well at practice. Didn't know if anyone else is injured, or how Lance's deal is playing out.

Any inside info, anyone?
NIU#1FBinIL

'Necks fans interested in hearing what the local media is saying about the Western Illinois game can listen to NIU's weekly HuskieTalk podcast here:

HuskieWire Podcast: Jordan Huff
Following the Huskies' loss to San Diego State, the guys talk about how they feel about NIU at the moment, if Huskies should feel worried about playing Western Illinois and talk with running back Jordan Huff.
wiu712

Preview of Saturday's game as seen on tonight's WGEM Sports with Ben Marth:
http://www.wgem.com/story/33163717/2016 ... ead-to-niu
huskie

The Chicago Tribune is predicting a NIU victory over WIU 36-23.

I'm calling this game WIU 24 NIU 21 Go Leathernecks!
NIU#1FBinIL

huskie wrote:The Chicago Tribune is predicting a NIU victory over WIU 36-23.

I'm calling this game WIU 24 NIU 21 Go Leathernecks!
Here's the link:

Saturday's matchup, prediction: Western Illinois at NIU

rocki

Wow, I can't believe how dead this board is. :shock:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote:Wow, I can't believe how dead this board is. :shock:
Whatcha wanna talk about?

I'm just excited to hit the road right after work to head up.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000