GDT: WIU at NIU (9/24/16)

tjbison

way to represent the Valley guys....congrats!!!
sealhall74

Great win for the guys. I am making the trip to Brookings next week and already pumped for it. Just hoping I dont see the wildcat more than once while I am there. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I think if we can beat SDSU there's a good chance that us and NDSU will be undefeated going into are match up under the lights now that would be a lot of fun.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote:I think if we can beat SDSU there's a good chance that us and NDSU will be undefeated going into are match up under the lights now that would be a lot of fun.
I am already thinking ESPN Game Day possibilities. You know the Bison will bring some people to Macomb on Oct 22. Another good one might be Chattanooga @ Citadel on Oct 15. They are both likely to be undefeated and very highly ranked.

Well, one game at a time. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

I watched the first half on ESPN3, I have never seen camera shots so tight for a game. I mean, lol, it was ridiculous. I am aware that was to disguise the unfortunate reality that there were very few bodies occupying the East stands but WOW :lol: :lol:

I actually Changed the football programming in my household as I let lose some hyphenated profanities after the last play of the 1st half.

Usually any team let alone FCS teams don't escape with a victory with that many silly mistakes. The good news is that those mistakes are correctable and the 'Necks aren't a flash in the pan but ligit.

Honestly, the people in my house, (that don't know football) assumed Western and Northern were peers, and that Western looked bigger and better. True.
wiu712

This was Western's first FBS win since 2003 (34-12 over Eastern Michigan).

Western had 446 total yards: 315 passing and 131 rushing.

The end of the game (Northern's failed 4th & 3 from the Western 9) took place in front of the large Western crowd in Section A.

This was NIU's Family Weekend game.

Attendance at NIU = 15,496.
rocki

Watching the 3rd quarter replay. LUMBERJACKS? Really???????? :roll:
Superneck

My observations:

#1 Clock management...letting the clock expire deep in NIU territory at the end of 1st half... that could have been the difference.
#2 Clock management...Too many pass plays on early downs in the 4th quarter when we needed to eat up the clock, and when they fell....
#3 Clock management...when the clock WAS running late in the 4th quarter, not letting the play clock wind down enough and snapping the ball with 10-12 seconds that still could have ticked off.
#4 I wonder what they were afraid of on punts that they had Knuffman punting consistently out of bounds
#5 speaking of Knuffman...man, I just never know what to expect out of the dude.
#6 Wish home games had such rowdy jacked up Western Fans. When their PA guy guy said Western Michigan... classic.
#7 I hope they work the right side D on that right side screen play we kept getting lit up on.

Great to meet ya Scott!

Go 'Necks!
wiu712

Superneck wrote:Wish home games had such rowdy jacked up Western Fans.
Huskie Stadium does not have a track around the field. And it does not have a big sidewalk in front of the stands like we have at Hanson Field. So the fans are much closer to the field. And that does make a big difference.

We see the same thing when we play at Illinois State.
rocki

Maybe going 3-0 will help get some people in the stands.

I'm one of the rowdy people, but all I get are dirty looks........... :lol: