WIU vs Northern Iowa (11/12/2016)

Western_101

You're welcome Ive been off line for quite a few days, Lawson, whats up? you can bury my post later.

UNI is what they always are, good. UNI is playing the role of spoiler. However before there was the Xdsus UNI was king, Not this year.

WESTERN has an opportunity to make WIU history, still can happen.
rocki

I'd really like to see that, but I have to go with UNI this week. I'm not convinced we can play 4 good quarters of football, and against UNI that's just not good enough. :(
Western_101

Well said Rocki.

We (I mean followers and people that love the WIU) seem to stumble mid season and then regroup. We gave ISU a gift last week. This Leatherneck squad is on paper better than UNI stat wise let alone Western's tendency to atone for past wrongs, (cant't take away wrongs) but UNI is next team up. WIU has been within 1 score with 5 teams this season. UNI at home WIU, if they haven't quit.
Lakesbison

battle for a playoff spot in my opinion.

go WIU!
sealhall74

I am pretty sure this is a must win and so is the one next week. The only thing I am more sure of is that the "Fire Farley" thread up on Panthernation will still be trending somewhere near the top.

Also, I got my #81 Jersey yesterday. Not sure who wore it but I looked at the past rosters. If it was DL Khalen Saunders (6'2 300#) from last year, I am going to declare him a true miracle worker for snuggling into this thing. I am 5'11 and 185 and I don't think I could breathe with both me and a set of shoulder pads inside it.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:I am pretty sure this is a must win and so is the one next week. The only thing I am more sure of is that the "Fire Farley" thread up on Panthernation will still be trending somewhere near the top.

Also, I got my #81 Jersey yesterday. Not sure who wore it but I looked at the past rosters. If it was DL Khalen Saunders (6'2 300#) from last year, I am going to declare him a true miracle worker for snuggling into this thing. I am 5'11 and 185 and I don't think I could breathe with both me and a set of shoulder pads inside it.
Is the jersey from this season or from previous years? This year it could be Tony Harper (6'4", 228lbs). He's not quite as big as Khalen Saunders and wears 81 this season.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:I am pretty sure this is a must win and so is the one next week. The only thing I am more sure of is that the "Fire Farley" thread up on Panthernation will still be trending somewhere near the top.

Is the jersey from this season or from previous years? This year it could be Tony Harper (6'4", 228lbs). He's not quite as big as Khalen Saunders and wears 81 this season.
After looking at some game pictures, mine looks to be from either last year or the year before that. I think the best bet is Ben Arnold 6-5 230 from 2014 season. He apparently did not stick around beyond his freshman year. I also assume that if players do stick around, they get a jersey and therefore one less for sale to public.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

This will be a very tough game and I'm hoping the playoff implications, it being Sr Day, being at home, and coming off a close loss will be enough motivation to get us the W.

UNI is likely the best ever 4-5 team there has ever been in the FCS. Considering they're biggest loss was by 6 to a good Montana team and potentially 5 total plays away from being undefeated. Throw in the fact that Farley's teams are ridiculous in November makes it look even more tough. I know the past teams aren't playing, but they're 21 and 2 during November regular season games since 2010. We did have 1 of those sweet wins in 2010.

We'll have our hands full, but a game we can win. If Dunne is back for them, lets press and bring pressure. Force quick decisions and potential mistakes. They pick it up and beat us deep, so be it. Rather that than playing soft and still getting beat deep.

If he's not back and they're forced to run their new option, I'm ok with that. Think we'd manage that better than we've done against the pass.

Here's to UNI losing another close one and us getting one back!!!!

WIU 31 - UNI 27
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote:Lawson, whats up? you can bury my post later.
Been fighting illness that's been rolling around the house, plus a few other things that have made this week kinda rough. If I can get it done, I'll get my usual post up later tonight, otherwise it'll go up tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leatherneck57

FYI...UNI's starting defensive tackle Bryce Douglas is the son of former Quincy High School Basketball Star and Fighting Illini standout Bruce Douglas. There will be a bunch of Douglas's in Macomb on Saturday including Keith, Dennis, Andy and former Leatherneck running back Alex Douglas. Keith, Bruce and Dennis were all part of the QHS basketball dynasty in the late 70's and early 80's!!

LN57