2020 Season

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leathernecks1092 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:22 pm Scott,

How do you see the FCS Playoffs playing out when not all FCS schools will have complete schedules?
I don't see the FCS playoffs happening at all. My guess is that we eventually see the NCAA cancel all fall postseason competitions including the FCS playoffs. This would not impact the FBS though, since their "playoff system" is outside of the control of the NCAA.

We've already seen what happens with the MLB and all the resources they have after just a weekend of games...the Marlins have an outbreak of at least 14 cases, causing them to have to postpone their home opener tonight as well as postponing the Yankees and Phillies game, because the Marlins played at Philadelphia this weekend.
If the MLB can't control things, I don't know how FCS teams are going to be able to do it.

At this point, I think any football being played this fall is a "bonus".
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

An announcement is expected at 3
sealhall74

I think we officially at the "Hope and Prayer" stage as it pertains to football this fall.

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

No fall football for Quincy University, Monmouth College, and Knox College.

Culver-Stockton is planning on starting their 9-game NAIA season on September 12. For this year, NAIA has reduced the regular season from 11 games down to 9 games.
Western_101

wiu712 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:14 pm No fall football for Quincy University, Monmouth College, and Knox College.

Culver-Stockton is planning on starting their 9-game NAIA season on September 12. For this year, NAIA has reduced the regular season from 11 games down to 9 games.
Good move Scientists have speculated it was the 10th game that Covid-19 would b showing up at all of the football fields.
WIU2DC

I’m assuming BIG12 will follow the P5 and do conference only, if MVFC stays course and it’s a regular season, I’m curious who we could replace OK State with?

Also, has there been any word about spectators for MVFC games, or in Macomb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GV Dad

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pm I’m assuming BIG12 will follow the P5 and do conference only, if MVFC stays course and it’s a regular season, I’m curious who we could replace OK State with?

Also, has there been any word about spectators for MVFC games, or in Macomb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only reason the MVFC is "staying the course", is to get the $$ on the FBS games. If these are taken away, I'm guessing we will go to conf only, if we play in the Fall at all.

For spectators, I think someone said 20%?
wiu712

WIU2DC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:52 pmHas there been any word about spectators for MVFC games, or in Macomb?
From the A.D.'s interview with the McDonough County Voice:
“The state of Illinois shared its guidelines for both indoor and outdoor events, and right now we will be at 20% capacity for outdoor stadium seating areas with no tailgating,” WIU Director of Athletics Danielle Surprenant said. “There is definitely room for those things to change, but that is what we are planning for in the mean time.