Defensive Hits Keep Coming

huskie

Harley and Phillips were both arrested over the weekend for battery.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So....they figure that we won't make the playoffs now...might as well throw away the rest of the season (or the rest of their collegiate careers, depending on severity of the charges)?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with these people? :x

Guess that makes the answer of if the 2-deep people will get some game experience a bit easier to answer, huh?
sealhall74

There is some weird chemistry or lack thereof problem going on in the defense this year. All too obvious on the field and even on this message board.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

This news was on page 2 of today's Macomb newspaper:

Police Beat: Macomb Police Department

Dwayne Deshawn Philips, 21, of Macomb was arrested for battery on Sunday.

Kevin Kristopher Harley, 22, of Macomb was arrested for battery on Sunday.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:This news was on page 2 of today's Macomb newspaper:

Police Beat: Macomb Police Department

Dwayne Deshawn Philips, 21, of Macomb was arrested for battery on Sunday.

Kevin Kristopher Harley, 22, of Macomb was arrested for battery on Sunday.
712, if that is all that is in the paper, I find me a new newspaper. No time and place is abominable for a published police report. Citizens deserve better.
rocki

Wonder if they were beating on each other or on someone else. No matter, just like Nikko they need a major "time out".

Losing sucks, but if it takes benching/cutting these idiots for their criminal behavior, then it needs to be done. Letting them slide by does no favors to anyone, to my mind.
rocki

Where's Kipp Jones when you need him? :lol:
sealhall74

rocki wrote:Wonder if they were beating on each other or on someone else. No matter, just like Nikko they need a major "time out".

Losing sucks, but if it takes benching/cutting these idiots for their criminal behavior, then it needs to be done. Letting them slide by does no favors to anyone, to my mind.
Rocki, if you live out where I do, you would not need to wonder. **** up in this county, your mug and details will be front and center:

http://www.pwcgov.org/government/dept/p ... 7.2014.pdf

Making things front and center is probably what Coach N is faced with now to drive home a point to current team as well as future recruits.
rocki

Actually, I am local, just out of the loop. (Guess I don't have friends in the right place to pick up the scuttlebutt) The fact that the local paper doesn't publish on Sunday or Monday doesn't help matters either. You'd think they'd have more details by Tuesday, but apparently you'd think wrong. :o It is a poor excuse for a newspaper, but such is life.

I might be the lone voice in this, but I think Coach should put this crap front and center and be hardnosed about it. Bench 'em, suspend 'em, whatever. IF it makes a difference to the players, good. IF it doesn't, they shouldn't be playing anyway. Self discipline won't get any easier if they are able to continue playing post-grad, so they might as well learn it now.