Defensive Hits Keep Coming

KippJones

...eating a steady diet of government cheese, and living in a van down by the river.
huskie

No new arrests reported in todays paper.
WIU0812

would have been in yesterday's paper wouldn't it?
wiu712

huskie said: "No new arrests reported in todays paper."
WIU0812

My bad read that on my phone quickly while running around.
wiu712

More bad news for the Western defense.

From today's McDonough County Voice:

Police Beat: Macomb Police Department

David Anthony McDaniel, 22, of Macomb was arrested for battery and resisting/obstructing a peace officer on Saturday.
huskie

You have to be kidding. So it's possible we could be without Phillips, Harley and now Daniels. What else?
rocki

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

You read the Courier article about JC Baker, then the Voice has this to display.

Gawd. :roll:
WIU0812

See now this is where I would say coaching issue; if so many players are getting into trouble the players obviously do not respect themselves, the coaches, teammates or program. I do not remember having this many problems in the past? What is that the 4th or 5th person this year that will have to be disciplined or removed from team due to for the most part relatively major crimes. I think it is the 4th battery incident now and then you include the one person, whose name eludes me right now, who had a DUI earlier int he year. I would of said McDaniel's had a small shot at being picked up for practice squad by an NFL team pending a good showing at a combine or something similar. If he does not play rest of year, which with charges like these I would hope he wouldn't he mine as well kiss his football days goodbye.
rocki

Just for fun, I perused what "battery" constitutes in IL. I was surprised to see that even touching someone is considered battery.

Still, you'd think by now these guys would have figured out that you just don't screw around like this. Stupid.

Hard to fathom they'd risk any chance at all of post-college football. Morons.