Offense Squeaks Out Win By A Hair
20%
Defense Wins In A Real Nail-Biter
20%
Defense Dominates Head To Toe
20%

Total votes: 5
sealhall74

The Bruce Craddock Memorial Spring Scrimmage is tonight 7pm (also will be shown on Leatherneck All-Access) and will use some sort of point scoring system to match up the offense against the defense. Not sure of the exact scoring details but here is your chance to vote for one side or the other.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

The depth of the O should move the ball against a young and somewhat thin/unexperienced D. I guess this also depends on who's healthy, but the O-Line has a ton of guys with playing experience, deep at WR, 3 Rb's with decent playing experience, a very good starting Qb and a back-up that received good reviews during fall practice and might be a future stud.

The D has a little depth with all 4 DT's coming back and a starting DE, very limited at LB, some young Safety's with experience and a big ? at CB.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

And of course I clicked the wrong button....derp.
Ignore one vote for the Defense winning handily...I meant Offense will run away with it. I think our defense can be decent...there's a lot of talent there, but they're young. Our offense is where our real strength is this year...lots of experience, especially playing together. Obviously it depends on how they score it, but I just think our offense is going to be pretty spectacular this year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Seems like defense has a huge advantage in this scrimmage format. All they have to do is react to what they are familiar with. Offense needs to execute to move the ball.
sealhall74

58-57 to the Offense. It is a lot easier to score when you don't have to start at your own 30 yd line. :)
letsgonecks

I was way off. D was really good minus two blown coverages. Sure tackling and great push upfront.

The O mixed guys up and I'm sure they'll be much more consistent come the real season.