Game experience?

Neckfansince71

So how was the crowd, the tailgate, the scoreboard, the experience? Wish I could have been there! ;) jc
wiu712

Not a very large crowd. I'm guessing 500. The crowds for these Friday night spring games have not been as large as when the game was on Saturday afternoon.

The scoreboard looked good. Some new graphics.

People were sitting on the west side, but the underneath bathrooms were locked. That left people having to walk over to the Union. No concessions.

The west side stands are in very sad shape.
WIU0812

I fully expect the new stadium to be announced at halftime of one of games this year most likely homecoming.
sealhall74

WIU0812 wrote:I fully expect the new stadium to be announced at halftime of one of games this year most likely homecoming.
When we see the facility maintenance crew bringing in the fireworks launching tubes, we will know for sure. lol
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:Not a very large crowd. I'm guessing 500. The crowds for these Friday night spring games have not been as large as when the game was on Saturday afternoon.

The scoreboard looked good. Some new graphics.

People were sitting on the west side, but the underneath bathrooms were locked. That left people having to walk over to the Union. No concessions.

The west side stands are in very sad shape.
I ran past the stadium when the game was going on and I'd have to agree. Kinda a small crowd...not horrible, but I know that the last time they had it on a Saturday afternoon, they had the pep band playing tunes in the stands and I was able to bring my daughter. At this point, the game now starts essentially at her bedtime, so I haven't been able to take her recently.

It was nice seeing the scoreboard going again...I think I saw one of the updated graphics you were talking about. I'm hoping with a season of experience with regards to what works and what doesn't, they'll do a great job this coming season utilizing the video board in better ways.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Mizzou Rah

Continue to be extremely disappointed in the look of the facility. Just a few small things would make the appearance at least passable. Clean up or sweep the dirt along the front of the stands. Paint the "bleachers". Give a fresh coat of paint to the facade concrete wall at the base. Such simple things that are not too costly but continue to look awful.
sealhall74

Is it just me with no live sound from the WESPYs right now. I would give up my left nut for some closed captioning. The pre-recorded video segments are very good. AND live sound is now working. Dr. Algerian Hart with an excellent keynote. That man does not waste words. In summary, that was one outstanding program. Good luck to the seniors. Hoping to see Trenton and Tate busting some of those same moves on the field and court this coming season.

:D
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Mizzou Rah wrote:Paint the "bleachers". Give a fresh coat of paint to the facade concrete wall at the base.
The wooden benches in Sections A, B, F, and G are in very poor condition. Some are badly splintered.

Crumbling concrete is becoming a concern and a safety hazard.

The backside of the west grandstand is a visual eye-sore. This side is visible by people walking on the sidewalk between the University Union and Western Hall.