vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

wiu712
Posts: 3015
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by wiu712 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Western beat Oak Hills Christian 100-45.

Oak Hills brought down 8 players (all played), one manager, and one coach.

Kobe Webster and Brandon Gilbeck led the Western scoring with 18 points. Lynrick Moxey had 17. Isaac Johnson and Jalen Morgan each had 10.

All 13 Western players played at least 6 minutes.

Western shot 56% for the game (42 of 75).

Free throws is an area of concern. Western was 17 of 30.

Attendance at Western Hall = 425.

Western will be at home next Wednesday (Jan 17) vs Fort Wayne and Saturday (Jan 20) vs South Dakota State.

User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by sealhall74 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:01 pm
sealhall74 wrote: True or False: The Paul Bunyan "Slab of Bacon" trophy is awarded to the winner of the annual Minnesota - Wisconsin college football rivalry game.
True and false, actually. Used to be the slab of bacon, now it's Paul Bunyan's axe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strictly false IMO. A former president said it best:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is". I am going with his interpretation (current tense).
Caution: Always headed somewhere, sometimes getting nowhere.

User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by ST_Lawson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 am

sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am
ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:01 pm
sealhall74 wrote: True or False: The Paul Bunyan "Slab of Bacon" trophy is awarded to the winner of the annual Minnesota - Wisconsin college football rivalry game.
True and false, actually. Used to be the slab of bacon, now it's Paul Bunyan's axe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strictly false IMO. A former president said it best:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is". I am going with his interpretation (current tense).
Fiiiiine...if you want to get technical...the current trophy is Paul Bunyan's Axe. It is not a "slab of bacon" (anymore).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Image

User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by sealhall74 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am
ST_Lawson wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:01 pm


True and false, actually. Used to be the slab of bacon, now it's Paul Bunyan's axe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strictly false IMO. A former president said it best:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is". I am going with his interpretation (current tense).
Fiiiiine...if you want to get technical...the current trophy is Paul Bunyan's Axe. It is not a "slab of bacon" (anymore).
Lesson is history repeats itself. Now we are arguing about whether its "I" or "I'd". :lol:
Caution: Always headed somewhere, sometimes getting nowhere.

User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by sealhall74 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 am

sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:23 am
ST_Lawson wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 am


Strictly false IMO. A former president said it best:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is". I am going with his interpretation (current tense).
Fiiiiine...if you want to get technical...the current trophy is Paul Bunyan's Axe. It is not a "slab of bacon" (anymore).
Lesson is history repeats itself. Now we are arguing about whether its "I" or "I'd". :lol:
Every day is a new day with the trials and tribulations of life steering us to discern the subtle difference between a sh*thole and a sh*thouse.
Caution: Always headed somewhere, sometimes getting nowhere.

Necks2003
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by Necks2003 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Are the men's games no longer on ESPN 3?

User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 4157
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Re: vs Omaha, vs Oak Hills Christian

Post by ST_Lawson » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Necks2003 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 pm
Are the men's games no longer on ESPN 3?
Most are not, it looks like. At this point, the only games listed for ESPN3 for either the men or the women are:
Men at NDSU on 1/27
Men vs South Dakota on 2/1
Women at NDSU on 2/22
(from the ESPN page on the Summit League website: http://www.thesummitleague.org/espn/index)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest