New Direction

sealhall74

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:39 pm

I did some Googling on developing consistency in sports and found things which you would logically expect to be there:

1) Set your goals
2) Develop a routine
3) Stick with it!

However, on the flipside is this from Oscar Wilde:
"Consistency is the hallmark of the unimaginative."

I think what Oscar is saying is you will never reach your full potential if all you do is strive for consistency. You have to experiment a bit, accept failures during the process, and move on to something else.

I kind of agree with Oscar.

Whatever, some ingredient is either missing or too prevalent in our current approach.
That is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
leathernecks1

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 am

The million dollar question is, "Does one win save Coach Wright's job"? I hope not. In my opinion, the only way he shoukd keep his job is by winning the SLT. Also, that should only buy him 2 more years. I really hope they win the SLT and Billy keeps his job and can make this program a contender for years to come, but I have my doubts.
wiu2013

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:28 pm

There is always one "Debbie Downer" in the crowd! Let them enjoy their moment TODAY!
leatherneckcountry

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:54 pm

leathernecks1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:38 am
The million dollar question is, "Does one win save Coach Wright's job"? I hope not. In my opinion, the only way he shoukd keep his job is by winning the SLT. Also, that should only buy him 2 more years. I really hope they win the SLT and Billy keeps his job and can make this program a contender for years to come, but I have my doubts.
I think a change is needed and if things were more stable at the university I think it would have happened already but as bad as the results have been on the court things have been positive around the team off the court
meganeck

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm assuming since they are doing AD interviews that no hiring or firings will happen until the AD has been hired. I still think that Billy is back though probably, especially if true that he has time left on his contract.