New HC Rob Jeter

meganeck

Scott, any idea why they haven't come out with an official news release/announcement yet?
Obviously they won't be able to have a press conference, but I assume they might be able to do something over Skype or Zoom or whatever the latest thing is so he can take questions, etc.
leatherneckcountry

meganeck wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:18 am Scott, any idea why they haven't come out with an official news release/announcement yet?
Obviously they won't be able to have a press conference, but I assume they might be able to do something over Skype or Zoom or whatever the latest thing is so he can take questions, etc.
I would guess that he still has to get the BOT approval.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 am
meganeck wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:18 am Scott, any idea why they haven't come out with an official news release/announcement yet?
So where is that Youtube stream for the BOT meeting which started at 11am today?

UPDATE: WIU site says the meeting was cancelled until further notice. Business goes on even if the BOT does not.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:25 am
[/quote

oh ok, that would make sense
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am
So where is that Youtube stream for the BOT meeting which started at 11am today?

UPDATE: WIU site says the meeting was cancelled until further notice. Business goes on even if the BOT does not.
Yes, originally the sole purpose of the BOT meeting was to give Dr. Abraham the ability to make much more broad decisions without having to get BOT approval while the COVID crisis is going on.
There was quite a bit of uproar from people about it, so the BOT has called off that plan for now.

As far as I know, nothing about Coach Jeter being hired was on the agenda (at least, not on the original agenda).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Now it's officially official:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LeatherCy

I also like the fact he's hit the road or at least "virtually" hit the road. I also think with all the time he spent in Milwaukee and Madison he will have some contacts there

Well said on the Bradley coach. If I remember correctly he literally cleaned house when he got there. Bradley was down to single digit scholarship players. Now in five years he's made the Big Dance twice. I lived in Peoria in the early '80's right after Carver Arena was built. Hersey Hawkins and company was the toast of the town. It helps a little they don't have FB which makes Men's Basketball the biggest thing in town. Their second or third year women's coach is also getting it turned around. They have a less than 10 year 4,500 seat arena on campus where the women play. Her recruiting circles are much the same as JD's. The McDermott girl from Cedar Rapids Prairie attended camp at Bradley when they were up here at UNI this year she told me she thought she had her.

Anxious to see who Jeter hires for his staff.
wiu712

WIU makes it official: Jeter to coach the Leathernecks.
From the Quincy Herald-Whig:
https://www.whig.com/20200331/wiu-makes ... athernecks
OldHare

wiu712 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm WIU makes it official: Jeter to coach the Leathernecks.
Did I misunderstand that Pyle and Young are returning?
leatherneckcountry

OldHare wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 pm
wiu712 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm WIU makes it official: Jeter to coach the Leathernecks.
Did I misunderstand that Pyle and Young are returning?
As of now neither have announced what there doing next year but are in the transfer portal.