University of the PACIFIC

Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote:
RedNeck wrote:IOWA played in Macomb in 1996.
there are other notable programs that have come to WESTERN HALL.
If you're talking about the season opener in November '96, that wasn't actually at Western Hall.
We might have been the "home team", but it was at the Mark of the Quad Cities (now the iWireless Center).
oops, and to think I was living on campus in Lincoln hall the Fall of 1996 :?

I do like the idea of playing one game a year at the i-Wireless Center. Nice area, lots of alumni in close proximity. Good way to get a little more exposure.
WIU0812

need to have a running set of games against bradley in Peoria where we could play at Carver arena aka Peoria Civic Center
wiu712

Today's "Sports Line" column in the Peoria Journal-Star has Pacific as a one-point favorite.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: I do like the idea of playing one game a year at the i-Wireless Center. Nice area, lots of alumni in close proximity. Good way to get a little more exposure.
Make it an all day affair with a HS recruiting event in the attached conference center followed by a women/men double dip and you probably have a winner. Is there anyone on this board that believes like I do that ten to fifteen years from now the enrollment at the QC campus will be bigger than the Macomb campus. Train coming to the Quad Cities could attract a lot of Chicago students.

University of the Pacific actually is in a slightly similar situation with three campuses (Stockton, Sacramento, and San Francisco) on their map:

http://www.pacific.edu/About-Pacific/Ad ... -2014.html
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2008

Western now at a 2.5 point favorite. All the money is coming in on them
WIU0812

This is going to be one of the most exciting starts to a Leatherneck basketball season. With so many new and young players and new head coach it is hard to see what we will expect this year. Hopefully this is a surprise season with a lot of ups and not so many downs.
sealhall74

Is it just me, or is this link to the stats for this game looking pretty strange at this moment in time?

http://www.sidearmstats.com/wiu/mbball/

WTF?!?!
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Is it just me, or is this link to the stats for this game looking pretty strange at this moment in time?
The posted score is the same score from the Cornell exhibition game. Strange! :?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

82-48?!?!?!

Hahahaha...I'll take it.

Must be a glitch where it's pulling in stats from another game....oh..actually that's the score from the exhibition opener against Cornell College.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Superneck

I have decided that I really do not like the anchor and eagle being just an outline and not painted. Not only is it one of the main things that defines WIU as Leatherneck, but it just looks like we ran out of money and couldn't finish it.