WIU - Week 11

vatusay

This team desperately needs some juco help.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

vatusay wrote:This team desperately needs some juco help.
Agreed. I know some players need time to mature and to be ready for the college level, but sitting on the bench does little to get you ready for game time action. Landing top JUCO transfers gives you players that can possibly step in and play significant roles right away. Many JUCO players have D1 offers out of high school but for one reason or another go the JUCO route either due to grades or the right opportunities didnt present themselves. 2 years of actual playing time many times go a long way in development that sitting on the bench never provides. I especially like to see kids getting picked up after a succesful freshman campaign.
ibleedpurpleandgold

Necks2003 wrote:
vatusay wrote:This team desperately needs some juco help.
Agreed. I know some players need time to mature and to be ready for the college level, but sitting on the bench does little to get you ready for game time action. Landing top JUCO transfers gives you players that can possibly step in and play significant roles right away. Many JUCO players have D1 offers out of high school but for one reason or another go the JUCO route either due to grades or the right opportunities didnt present themselves. 2 years of actual playing time many times go a long way in development that sitting on the bench never provides. I especially like to see kids getting picked up after a succesful freshman campaign.
Going juco doesn't build up programs WIU has a few of those guys maybe 1 juco guy a year is ok but you can't build a program mainly on Juco players.
vatusay

Def don't want to build through juco, but they help tremendously while developing high school kids for D1 athletics.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

vatusay wrote:Def don't want to build through juco, but they help tremendously while developing high school kids for D1 athletics.
they have @ least 4 juco players on the team that i can think of off the top of my head.
cubsflag

vatusay wrote:Def don't want to build through juco, but they help tremendously while developing high school kids for D1 athletics.
i think you need 2 to 3 juco's a year.but that would be nice if people were patient enough to let a coach just recruit freshman.
cubsflag

wiu 2 best teams ever were built on juco players.
vatusay

Well yea they do.

Tate just seems to always be in foul trouble.

I think F/C is position that should be targeted to have more juco. Guards can come in and hold their own as a freshman more than not. Down low is where it takes the extra couple years to develop not only skill but size.

They need to hit on another TP. IIRC wright recruited him?
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

vatusay wrote:Well yea they do.

Tate just seems to always be in foul trouble.

I think F/C is position that should be targeted to have more juco. Guards can come in and hold their own as a freshman more than not. Down low is where it takes the extra couple years to develop not only skill but size.

They need to hit on another TP. IIRC wright recruited him?
Tate is a juco transfer even though he only played 1 yr of juco
vatusay

cubsflag wrote:
wiu 2 best teams ever were built on juco players.
Exactly. Jucos Are valuable commodity to have, but doesn't build for the long term. Wiu is experiencing right now.
#ALLIN #YOLO