Feb 25 vs Fort Wayne

sealhall74

Fort Wayne and Omaha are this years Summit League "over-achievers". Fort Wayne got it done even after losing their leading score (Mo Evans) to academic issues in mid-January. Senior Max Landis has been lighting it up from beyond the arc all season long. Red-shirt freshman John Konchar has surprised a few with a stellar first year. He reminds me of a 6'5" rendition of Larry Bird with what he can do with and without the ball in his hands. The kid shows up on campus weighing 168 lbs and is obvious red-shirt material. After one year in the weight room he was up to 210 lbs and is now leading the Summit League in rebounding with about 9 per game.

This game may or may not have tournament implications depending on what USD does at IUPUI on Thursday. If we are still alive for a berth, then Billy needs to come with his best game plan of the year. If USD has it wrapped up by time game starts, might as well give the young kids some PT.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

They game-plan?
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

sealhall74 wrote:Fort Wayne and Omaha are this years Summit League "over-achievers". Fort Wayne got it done even after losing their leading score (Mo Evans) to academic issues in mid-January. Senior Max Landis has been lighting it up from beyond the arc all season long. Red-shirt freshman John Konchar has surprised a few with a stellar first year. He reminds me of a 6'5" rendition of Larry Bird with what he can do with and without the ball in his hands. The kid shows up on campus weighing 168 lbs and is obvious red-shirt material. After one year in the weight room he was up to 210 lbs and is now leading the Summit League in rebounding with about 9 per game.

This game may or may not have tournament implications depending on what USD does at IUPUI on Thursday. If we are still alive for a berth, then Billy needs to come with his best game plan of the year. If USD has it wrapped up by time game starts, might as well give the young kids some PT.
I don't know why anyone would call IPFW overachievers i thought them SDSU and ORU would be the teams to beat i would agree with omaha and i would say IUPUI have overachieved.
wiu712

Thursday will be the first of two upcoming double-headers.

Women play North Dakota State at 5:30 PM. Men play IPFW at 8:00 PM.
wiu712

The Men's game with IPFW will be on ESPN3 and will also be available via First Row Sports. Game time is 8PM (CST).
cubsflag

Big game.A 2 game winning streak gets WIU in tournament.That's big for next year.Plus it be nice for the sr.'s to go their too.
vatusay

This game now has no meaning. Play the young guys.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

On the plus side, apparently there was a really good turnout from the football and volleyball teams at the game:
[tweet]703040668118052865[/tweet]

The fall letterwinners were recognized at halftime, so that helped.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

Agreed. See what they have under real game experience from the younger guys. Likely gonna need a lot of changes in the offseason. Hopefully Wright can get good recruits being that the team has finished last for the past 2 seasons.
wiu712

IPFW wins the game 87-75.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 26 points. J.C. Fuller and Jalen Chapman each had 11 points.

Attendance at Western Hall was 1,213.