vs Monmouth College

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Well....that was a blowout: http://goleathernecks.com/boxscore.aspx ... ll&id=5546

Our third quarter outscored their entire game. Is our defense just that good, Monmouth just that bad, or is it just that big of a difference between DI and DIII?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

I was disappointed I didn't get back in time for the game, but egads, other than the socializing, your report, Scott, shows it's probably better I did miss it.

While a very good D2 team should be able to give a so-so D1 team a run for their money and even win say 1/3 of the time, even an excellent D3 team should never even come close. Those kids are all non-scholarship athletes and typically travel the day of the game. D3 ball is fun to play, but only competitive within D3 or NAIA ranks.
wiu712

Attendance was 702 on "Hometown Heroes & Veterans Day".
sealhall74

Galesburg HS would blow out Monmouth College by at least 30. You can take it to the bank.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherface

Let's not get too high and mighty here. What do you think Notre Dame or Baylor women would do against WIU? D-1 vs D-3, enough said.
leatherneckcountry

leatherface wrote:Let's not get too high and mighty here. What do you think Notre Dame or Baylor women would do against WIU? D-1 vs D-3, enough said.
you obviously forgot that SDSU play Notre Dame very close.
leatherneckcountry

leatherface wrote:Let's not get too high and mighty here. What do you think Notre Dame or Baylor women would do against WIU? D-1 vs D-3, enough said.
you obviously forgot that SDSU play Notre Dame very close.
leatherface

What does that have to do with Western. My point being, folks should avoid trash talking an opponent they beat from a lower division etc, because, there's always someone else who can look down on your program.
leatherneckcountry

leatherface wrote:What does that have to do with Western. My point being, folks should avoid trash talking an opponent they beat from a lower division etc, because, there's always someone else who can look down on your program.
you did hint at the fact that notre dame would kill western after i read zero post bashing monmouth college.
OldHare

This game on your schedule is what happens for many mid major teams who are not able to obtain more competitive games. Other mid majors do not want to give you a home game and the P5 teams are even more stubborn about scheduling road games to your place. Good luck with OOC season.