vs NIU (11/19/2016)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, the women beat NIU in a game where the final 2 minutes were pretty exciting, although I think the last 10 seconds took maybe 30 minutes ;)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote:So, the women beat NIU in a game where the final 2 minutes were pretty exciting, although I think the last 10 seconds took maybe 30 minutes ;)
a good win but that review was ridiculous.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:So, the women beat NIU in a game where the final 2 minutes were pretty exciting, although I think the last 10 seconds took maybe 30 minutes ;)
a good win but that review was ridiculous.
I didn't really see what all was going on, had it on the TV but had the sound down. Sat down to eat dinner and occasionally turned around to see the TV and see what was going on. Sat down to eat when there was like 12 seconds left in the game. Got up, having finished eating, with 2 seconds left in the game...was very confused. :?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote:That review was ridiculous.
Way too much time was spent on that clock review with 2 seconds left in the game. First the refs reviewed the television monitor at the Scorers Table. Then they went down to look at the monitor at the WIU-TV-3 location. Then it was back to looking again at that monitor at the Scorers Table.

Western wins the game 83-79 by out-scoring NIU by 5 in the 4th quarter.

Emily Clemens led the Western scoring with 34 points. Morgan Blumer had 11.

Western was out-rebounded 52-31.

Western was 22 of 24 on free throws.

Attendance at Western Hall = 562. Big crowd there from Bushnell.