Bob Nielson contract status

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
vatusay

Going to have ALOT of ticked off sdsu fans.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

A story about this was in today's "McDonough County Voice".

The South Dakota Board of Regents will now allow multi-year contracts to certain head coaches, athletic directors, and public university presidents.

Bob Nielson had agreed to a $255,000 annual salary. But Nielson was seeking a long-term commitment and state policy only allowed one-year contracts.
Leatherneck57

We really need to delete this feed and anything else that has to do with Bob Nielson or his former staff! I really couldn't give a RAT's ASS about his contract or the terms of it! I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way!!!

There's better things to talk about!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leatherneck57 wrote:We really need to delete this feed and anything else that has to do with Bob Nielson or his former staff! I really couldn't give a RAT's ASS about his contract or the terms of it! I'm sure there are many others out there that feel the same way!!!

There's better things to talk about!
Not deleted, but moved to non-western sports section because this now has about as much to do with Western Football as talking about the NCAA tournament does.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

I'm thinking it might be a blessing he turned his back on wiu. Fisher seems to be a much more genuine guy and coach, not a "businessman" per say.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

vatusay wrote:I'm thinking it might be a blessing he turned his back on wiu. Fisher seems to be a much more genuine guy and coach, not a "businessman" per say.
I know I prefer to watch "smash-mouth" football over a finesse spread offense any day of the week.
Embrace the pace of the race.
rocki

I'm liking the guy whose team was able to take down the 'Birds, rather than letting them get away with the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter. ;)

Looking forward to seeing what is done with our offense. Even though Nikko graduated, I think we could still have some really good running backs, if we just have the right coaching to make it work. Nice seeing that they are looking to use the tight ends for more than just blocking, as well.