Will ESPN3 be available for EIU game?

Western_101

Oh my gosh, college football is almost here. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

I do have some anxiety about the season opener at Eastern. I am unable to make it to a 6:00 Thursday start in Charleston. Could someone in the know please tell me if ESPN3 will stream this game?

I did notice that it looks like this game is going to be covered/produced and telecast regionally.

I also, have anxiety that EIU could sneak out a win, that would be bad, heading into NAU and NIU. Either way I would hate to have waited this long for the season to start, to then not get to watch the first game.
wiu712

Not sure about ESPN3.

But the game will be on WEIU-TV (the PBS station for east-central Illinois) and will also be on the OVC Digital Network:
http://ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=4673
rocki

Unless something changes, it doesn't appear that the Eastern game is on ESPN3. I checked last weekend (since a 6 p.m. Thursday start time doesn't allow me to attend, either), and it just showed it as OVC. Too bad, I was really looking forward to watching it. :cry:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I believe that the OVC streaming is free, so if you're at least near a computer, you could probably watch it that way. Or it might load in a browser on a mobile device as well. If you can watch ESPN3, you probably can watch the OVC streaming, although it might be a little bit trickier to get working depending on your setup.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

I'll definitely give it a shot. Have really gotten spoiled with the live coverage.
Western_101

Thanks for the input :)

I guess I have become spoiled with the MVFC ESPN3 partnership......MVFC > OVC.