WIU vs Northern Arizona (9/10/2016)

NAUDave

John - It's weird to see a fellow Crazy on here..haha. Look me up on Facebook or Twitter and lets talk my brother. :)

Dave
yokedneck

yokedneck wrote:Gilmore nursing a hamstring so doubtful again this week after missing the opener.

O Line healthy after week one and ready to help put up some more big rushing totals.

Like most here I hope to see more efficient pass game this week but if we can play ball control (best defense is good offense), win time of possession and turnovers then I think we win.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Gilmore ahead of schedule so he may get some touches. Improved passing game this week if practice is any indication. Still expecting to see us run run run this week.

NAU D front a little unique in that they do not flip players based on strong/weak formation or to wide side field.

Tom

[thinkpurple]Leatherneck Football[/thinkpurple]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

yokedneck wrote: Gilmore ahead of schedule so he may get some touches. Improved passing game this week if practice is any indication. Still expecting to see us run run run this week.

NAU D front a little unique in that they do not flip players based on strong/weak formation or to wide side field.

Tom

Good to hear about Gilmore...and about the passing game. Yea, I fully expect the running game to set up occasional passes as necessary, but it's good to know that it's there if we need it.

I'm just about to head out to the stadium and it is absolutely beautiful out (as others have said). 70 degrees with only ~60% humidity right now. There's also an occasional breeze, which I think does help us a bit, since NAU relies more on the passing game to set up their run rather than the other way around like we do. I seem to remember SDSU having a bit of trouble with that in the last regular season home game last year...with the cold and the wind. Maybe a few gusts will knock a couple of long NAU passes down.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000