WIU at Weber State (11/25/17) - Playoffs Round 1

leatherface

Someone asked earlier about T-Shirts and Western's play-off involvement. I called the bookstore and was told they hadn't talked about that, but might bring it up in discussions. If they do it, it might take a couple of weeks to get approval etc., as I was told. I guess just periodically check the web site if you are interested.
rocki

Wishing the Leathernecks a great Thanksgiving, and a great game to follow. I wouldn't mind an early Christmas present of them going deep in the playoffs. ;)
letsgonecks

Weber State placed a few on the Big Sky First Team

TE Andrew Vollert, Sr. - Stud TE we'll have to try and limit. Should get some NFL looks, so real deal.
OT Iosua Opeta, Jr. - Interested to see how our OLB's and/or Saunders matches up against their best lineman.
DT McKay Murphy, Sr. - Late 70's and 80's baseball fans would know is father Dale. Brothers Shawn (1 game) and Jake spent some time in the NFL (mostly practice squads).
ILB LeGrand Toia, Jr. - no Brett Taylor (not many in all of college football are), but looks to be a Moon type of guy, so very good.
CB Taron Johnson, Sr. - lots of experience and might be shadowing Acklin all game. Should be a great match-up.
KR - Rashid Shaheed, Fr. - lots of touchbacks likely, so take him out of the equation.
SPEC - Brady May, Jr. - plays some fullback, special teamer who did some long snapping his freshman year. Love these type of guys, but per usual, won't likely hear much on them during the game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

CB Taron Johnson got Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year

Anyone know when the MVFC announces theirs?

Very likely we'll have a MVFC first team all-conference WR going against the Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year on Saturday. That could be a really interesting matchup.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:31 pm CB Taron Johnson got Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year

Anyone know when the MVFC announces theirs?

Very likely we'll have a MVFC first team all-conference WR going against the Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year on Saturday. That could be a really interesting matchup.
I'm thinking MVFC OPOY vs Big Sky DPOY.

Christion, Streveler, McCaster, Stick, McGuire and maybe Robinson from ISUb also in the mix with Acklin. Acklin tied in conference play for most points and top receiver in yards, rec and TDs by a decent margin. McGuire is the in conference most efficient passer, but doesn't have the rushing stats as Streveler, Stick or Christion.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 pm Matt Tanney may be at BWW tonite for the Coach Fish Show (7:30pm local time). I hope he talks about the bidding process a little bit. The NCAA looks for a lot of things both big and little to be in place (good lighting and TV angles, ADA compliance, etc.) for a hosting site. Would be interesting to get his take on the process.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files ... 171016.pdf
Tanney did mention a little bit about the bid process, but I think Scott kinda interrupted and starting about another topic before much was said. Tanney once again mentioned being disappointed about their game not being close enough for a bus trip. So I wonder who he thought they should have been matched against...
dustinthorn93

Hey ya'll!

First post but been reading the forum for a year or so now. Just made an account now haha.

Anywhos, I was talking to Brett Taylor about what he thought about Weber, and he said they were under the assumption that Austin Peay would make it in and that's who they would be paired with. He said they aren't happy with not getting a seed, so they are on a mission to prove the committee wrong. Here's to hoping!!

p.s. I was born and raised in Macomb and graduated as a Bomber in 2011, 2 years before Brett. His older brother was in my class and we played on the DLine together. We all knew Brett was going to be special when I was a junior. His freshman year. He's always been good!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

dustinthorn93 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 pm Hey ya'll!

First post but been reading the forum for a year or so now. Just made an account now haha.

Anywhos, I was talking to Brett Taylor about what he thought about Weber, and he said they were under the assumption that Austin Peay would make it in and that's who they would be paired with. He said they aren't happy with not getting a seed, so they are on a mission to prove the committee wrong. Here's to hoping!!

p.s. I was born and raised in Macomb and graduated as a Bomber in 2011, 2 years before Brett. His older brother was in my class and we played on the DLine together. We all knew Brett was going to be special when I was a junior. His freshman year. He's always been good!
Welcome Dustin. I see you quite a bit over on AGS too. I was born and raised here as well, although a few years before you (MHS class of '96). What you said about what Brett was hoping for is pretty much what I assumed. They were wanting a seed or a bus trip and Austin Peay would have been a bus trip. Like you said, I hope they get a chip on their shoulder about getting snubbed by the committee...go out to Utah and really show them what Leatherneck Football is all about.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

With holiday and long trip, WIU faces busy week.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... -busy-week

Leathernecks wear badge of ‘road warriors’ with pride.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... with-pride
wiu712