WIU vs North Dakota State (10/13/2018)

wiu712

Football hosts conference powerhouse.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/42322/sports ... owerhouse/

After Illinois State, schedule only gets tougher for Leathernecks.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... athernecks
sealhall74

Someone needs to keep an eye out for Bob Clark, the NDSU "Roadwarrior". He has not missed a Bison game (home or away) since 1981, something like 455 games in a row I think. I sat within a first down of him two years ago on the east side but did not chat with him. Probably should have asked him for his autograph at least. Maybe the broadcast crew can track him down and get his permission to show a little love to him with a "welcome" message on the video board. His kind of fandom is unheard of in this day and age. He is a computer guy too I think. ;)

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am Someone needs to keep an eye out for Bob Clark, the NDSU "Roadwarrior". He has not missed a Bison game (home or away) since 1981, something like 455 games in a row I think. I sat within a first down of him two years ago on the east side but did not chat with him. Probably should have asked him for his autograph at least. Maybe the broadcast crew can track him down and get his permission to show a little love to him with a "welcome" message on the video board. His kind of fandom is unheard of in this day and age. He is a computer guy too I think. ;)
That is really impressive. I'd love to get to that point with WIU, but at the age where my kids are at currently, it's not easy. Roadwarrior is pretty active over on Bisonville too.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 am Someone needs to keep an eye out for Bob Clark, the NDSU "Roadwarrior". He has not missed a Bison game (home or away) since 1981, something like 455 games in a row I think. I sat within a first down of him two years ago on the east side but did not chat with him. Probably should have asked him for his autograph at least. Maybe the broadcast crew can track him down and get his permission to show a little love to him with a "welcome" message on the video board. His kind of fandom is unheard of in this day and age. He is a computer guy too I think. ;)
That is really impressive. I'd love to get to that point with WIU, but at the age where my kids are at currently, it's not easy. Roadwarrior is pretty active over on Bisonville too.
I am sure he would be the first to tell you it is easier when your team always makes a deep run in the playoffs.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:03 am
I am sure he would be the first to tell you it is easier when your team always makes a deep run in the playoffs.
Actually, I'd think that'd make it harder....more games, especially around the holidays...occasionally an extra road game or two, etc. I've been pretty good about making it to nearly all the home games and more recently any of the away games that are within a few hours drive, but I can't just up and drive 2+ days to get to Montana State and then drive back or a full day's drive to Fargo or Youngstown for away games there.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Western looks to maintain fast starts, find consistency.
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... onsistency

North Dakota State will be flying from Fargo to Moline later this afternoon.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL ... /KFAR/KMLI
yoteforever

Good luck tomorrow Leathernecks. Kick some arse
wiu712

Western welcomes top-ranked North Dakota State to town.

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... te-to-town
leatherneckcountry

Well it looks like it’s going to be a struggle to make it to 50 today really foggy this morning
wiu712

Very foggy start to the day in Macomb. Forecast now is for a cloudy day, near 50. Winds will be South at 10-15 mph. Will be in the 40's during the game. Normal high for this date is 67. At least it will be dry with no rain nor snow in the forecast.