Illinois State

GV Dad

One thing I am very worried about is our kicking game.  I think we are really going to miss Mason this year.  We've been spoiled with a pretty solid stream of kickers the last 6 years at least.  
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

WGEM Sports Game Prediction:  Illinois State 28, Western Illinois 16
bignecks

There's an 80% chance I'll be at the game tomorrow. I'm not as doom and gloom as others. Last year we had the game robbed against this team, lost in OT. Two years ago we beat them. There were lots of things to look fondly at last week. The line on both sides for ISU won't be as impressive as NMSU, so I'm not expecting us to see dominated up front. I kind of see this as a 50/50 game. Hoping for a good game tomorrow.
sealhall74

So is the MegaReunion bringing in dozens, hundreds, or thousands of people?  I joined the group (20K members), tried posting my Regulator bar story from circa 1980 and  it got declined because I had only one friend in the group (NFS71).  Need to know how early to get to stadium for a good seat.  On second thought, I think the better half and I will just bring our chairs and sit in the shade on the hill north side of main stands.

So here is the story that so many never got to see.  I was sitting at the bar inside the Regulator pub about 1980 or so just soaking in the atmosphere.  I was wearing hard contact lenses then and damned if the one in my left eye did not pop out unexpectedly.  That place was pretty dark inside so I gave up any thought of getting down on my hands and knees looking for it.  Probably drank a couple more beers to lessen the pain of losing it.  Hard lenses were kind of expensive back then.  So I got back to my apartment on North Charles to get ready for bed.  Took of my shirt and noticed it had a left front pocket on it.  I though to myself - no way could that lens have landed inside that pocket.  I was wrong.  There it was good, as new.

I am going Necks 27, Birds 23

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:42 am So is the MegaReunion bringing in dozens, hundreds, or thousands of people?  I joined the group (20K members), tried posting my Regulator bar story from circa 1980 and  it got declined because I had only one friend in the group (NFS71).  Need to know how early to get to stadium for a good seat.  On second thought, I think the better half and I will just bring our chairs and sit in the shade on the hill north side of main stands.

So here is the story that so many never got to see.  I was sitting at the bar inside the Regulator pub about 1980 or so just soaking in the atmosphere.  I was wearing hard contact lenses then and damned if the one in my left eye did not pop out unexpectedly.  That place was pretty dark inside so I gave up any thought of getting down on my hands and knees looking for it.  Probably drank a couple more beers to lessen the pain of losing it.  Hard lenses were kind of expensive back then.  So I got back to my apartment on North Charles to get ready for bed.  Took of my shirt and noticed it had a left front pocket on it.  I though to myself - no way could that lens have landed inside that pocket.  I was wrong.  There it was good, as new.

I am going Necks 27, Birds 23

I have a similar story but from high school, I also wear hard contacts and was at a high school football game, our football team usually isn't good. We pulled off an upset so the student body rushed the field. In the commotion my contact came out. Similarly figured no way I could find it, drove home with one contact and found it on my sweatshirt when I got home & went to take it off.

I hope I'm wrong but saying WIU loses a closes one. 

HoosierNeck13

31-27 'Necks
leatherneckcountry

Pretty nice crowd in Q lot how many people get into the game 
leatherneckcountry

No rosters today 
letsgonecks

#cantpoundtherock.....stop trying, you're not keeping anyone "honest" when you can't run the ball.  Stop faking the handoff out of shotgun,  it's not doing anything, but taking away quick throws vs the blitz and also not allowing the back to read blitz and pick them up.

They're going to continue to bring pressure.  He better make the adjustment.

We played the last defensive series safe with no pressure and gave up easy plays.

Some good things here, but so weak typical shit as well.