Western BOT wants action now !

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
rocki

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:16 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:07 pm Technically he's a faculty member, although he only teaches one "class"...

Am I the only one that finds this kind of stuff completely idiotic???????????????????

Not as idiotiic as keeping fired President Jack Thomas on board to teach a class or two.  Not sure he ever fulfilled that role though.
Correction, I guess he officially resigned his position as President.

Yeah, I'll give you that. Where are the brains of this operation, anyway?
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:56 am Provost has been removed from his position: https://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.ph ... e_id=19546
Technically he's a faculty member, although he only teaches one "class"...Engineering Senior Project (which sounds like mostly independent study-type stuff). His wife lives in California, so I'd imagine he'll be moving out that way fairly soon.

Associate Provost Mark Mossman is now interim Provost.

He will be required to do more teaching if he chooses to stay. Obviously, he gets a free ride for the rest of this semester, and likely for next since the schedules have already been made and students are enrolling.

I highly doubt he'll stay, though. And if he does it will be at the QC.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Tere North wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:56 am Provost has been removed from his position: https://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.ph ... e_id=19546
Technically he's a faculty member, although he only teaches one "class"...Engineering Senior Project (which sounds like mostly independent study-type stuff). His wife lives in California, so I'd imagine he'll be moving out that way fairly soon.

Associate Provost Mark Mossman is now interim Provost.

He will be required to do more teaching if he chooses to stay. Obviously, he gets a free ride for the rest of this semester, and likely for next since the schedules have already been made and students are enrolling.

I highly doubt he'll stay, though. And if he does it will be at the QC.

If he does “teach a class”, it’ll probably just be in an advisory role, and done remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000