Toilet Bowl

rocki

Necksalum09 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:06 pm I have not had a chance to watch this team play live, but as bad as we are, I feel like Morrisey has done a pretty good job at QB. For the season: he's 192/313, 61.3% completion percentage, 1,888 yards, with 12 Tds to 7 picks. Good for a 120.2 QB rating. To me, those are amazing numbers for a team that is this bad. How does he look in action? Arm strength? I was thinking he might be a good fit for the NIU QB job as a transfer next season?

I agree. If he had more protection from the O-line and wasn't running for his life most of the time, I think he's the best I've seen in a while.
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:31 am
Necksalum09 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:06 pm I have not had a chance to watch this team play live, but as bad as we are, I feel like Morrisey has done a pretty good job at QB. For the season: he's 192/313, 61.3% completion percentage, 1,888 yards, with 12 Tds to 7 picks. Good for a 120.2 QB rating. To me, those are amazing numbers for a team that is this bad. How does he look in action? Arm strength? I was thinking he might be a good fit for the NIU QB job as a transfer next season?

I agree. If he had more protection from the O-line and wasn't running for his life most of the time, I think he's the best I've seen in a while.

Not the most mobile QB you will see but arm is very good. Similar to predecessors Sampson and McGuire in that respect.  Someone refresh my memory.  How far back do we have to go to find a QB who DID have some good mobility?  Was it Matt Barr?

Embrace the pace of the race.
Rockydog

I thought he did really well the first few games.  But his performance seemed to decline with the season.  Not sure if it was him, the structure, or the players around him (OL).