Post Week 9 Edition of The Great Exercise in Futility

Western_101

dogwhisper wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:49 pm
rocki wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:04 am Not saying I disagree, but how do you propose coming up with the 500k (mentioned in another post) to buy him out, PLUS $$$$$ to hire someone else? :ugeek:

Maybe they should start by asking him to resign and then reach a settlement, isn’t this why the athletic director gets paid, for these type of situations?

On first blush I thought this was naive, a contract is a contract. Making This Sad Fuck go 0-55 Will kill the program and might increase Coach Myers risk of personal harm or worse. I of course get angry, but,  I am vehemently opposed to violence. If Myers lives here, he absolutely can not walk the streets or drive. HUMILIATING!!!!!!!!!!! Leatherneck football maybe one of the last things Macomb has left, means one has to be vigilant in one's routine to avoid unwanted distress.

Western_101

If I am Bubb I offer Myers $360K and tell him that is a nice chunk of change to set up shop elsewhere. If Myers, declines, I think things can be done to make staying here very uncomfortable (Read moving his office to a janitors closet, travel bus only, no University Credit Card, penut butter and jelly all day every day et cetera...) 
Western_101

Three posts in a row is, poor form.  Certainly a less egregious transgression in comparison to some of my ill advised contributions. 

Can Bubb reach out to Hendrickson the Elder (which like his son is a good and honorable man) and ask that the Father Hendrickson appeal to his son to end this well meaning, but completely shameful and humiliating chapter of WIU football?

Perhaps Mark could even be compensated something for convincing his son to take a negotiated settlement and leave.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Western_101 wrote:Three posts in a row is, poor form.  Certainly a less egregious transgression in comparison to some of my ill advised contributions. 

Can Bubb reach out to Hendrickson the Elder (which like his son is a good and honorable man) and ask that the Father Hendrickson appeal to his son to end this well meaning, but completely shameful and humiliating chapter of WIU football?

Perhaps Mark could even be compensated something for convincing his son to take a negotiated settlement and leave.
Let’s let Bubb handle things.

I don’t think Hendrickson is in any personal danger. It’s just a game, and we don’t really have any fans that are passionate+crazy enough to do anything. Besides, I think most people really like Myers on a personal level…he just happens to be in over his head in his job.

You guys know I don’t often lay down the law, but let’s cool it with the aggressive comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:46 pm
Western_101 wrote:Three posts in a row is, poor form.  Certainly a less egregious transgression in comparison to some of my ill advised contributions. 

Let’s let Bubb handle things.

I don’t think Hendrickson is in any personal danger. It’s just a game, and we don’t really have any fans that are passionate+crazy enough to do anything. Besides, I think most people really like Myers on a personal level…he just happens to be in over his head in his job.

You guys know I don’t often lay down the law, but let’s cool it with the aggressive comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really my commentary about stupid violence was more in the vein of another posters astonishment about the rampant stupid  violence that has permeated every corner of our society.