Head Coaching Search

axe_co17

If December 8th is the timeline then more names should be floating around in the next few days. It’s been very quiet with the few I know around the program. Maybe that means some names will surface soon. Is anyone concerned the APR issue will keep candidates away? What was said on here and as I understand the team is on a self imposed probation over the next two years. Something like mandatory in person study hall every week in place of a practice (among a few other stipulations). If that’s three hours, then in-season that amounts to a full day the staff loses to meet/watch film or practice. Might not be a deal breaker for many, but I think some will be cautious of that. 

In the recent article, Bubb mentioned academics. So it sounds like Hendrickson inherited a really bad APR situation and made it worse. APR doesn’t turn around overnight. That makes this less likely to be a stepping stone job as some indicate they’re fine with. Anyone else think this could come up?
leatherneckcountry

As much fun as it is to speculate a lot of times the person who gets a head job is someone no one has really talked about 
bignecks

It's the roaring twenties baby, I'm speculating til a contract is signed
GV Dad

axe_co17 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:50 pm If December 8th is the timeline then more names should be floating around in the next few days. It’s been very quiet with the few I know around the program. Maybe that means some names will surface soon. Is anyone concerned the APR issue will keep candidates away? What was said on here and as I understand the team is on a self imposed probation over the next two years. Something like mandatory in person study hall every week in place of a practice (among a few other stipulations). If that’s three hours, then in-season that amounts to a full day the staff loses to meet/watch film or practice. Might not be a deal breaker for many, but I think some will be cautious of that. 

In the recent article, Bubb mentioned academics. So it sounds like Hendrickson inherited a really bad APR situation and made it worse. APR doesn’t turn around overnight. That makes this less likely to be a stepping stone job as some indicate they’re fine with. Anyone else think this could come up?

I think it's one of several things candidates will discover when they get to "look under the covers' at the program.  I will also say though, that I doubt we are the only school in this situation.  The NCAA really needs to look at how they calculate APR.  Schools should still be responsible for education of their student athletes, but the NCAA can't hold schools responsible in the same way they did before they created the portal.  

rocki

Just because I'm nosy, does anyone know if Leatherneck 57 is either on the committee or has inside knowledge of how things are going? I'm not asking for names or spoilers, just want to know how it is going with the student athletes as well.
Rockydog

rocki wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 pm Just because I'm nosy, does anyone know if Leatherneck 57 is either on the committee or has inside knowledge of how things are going? I'm not asking for names or spoilers, just want to know how it is going with the student athletes as well.

Yes - I am certain he is part of the committee and has inside knowledge.

Rockydog

rocki wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 pm Just because I'm nosy, does anyone know if Leatherneck 57 is either on the committee or has inside knowledge of how things are going? I'm not asking for names or spoilers, just want to know how it is going with the student athletes as well.

From my players perspective - it’s just business as usual. With the season over it’s just weights and study hall now. There is more optimism that things will improve, but also support for their teammates who want to leave.

leatherneckcountry

My only concern is getting a retread who’s a retread for a reason 
vatusay

I saw standout LB Jason Williams commented on the prairie state article Facebook link. He said “just make sure there is a spot for me”

I think getting him on staff in any capacity would be a great hire. Strength and conditioning. Linebackers. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
Rockydog

vatusay wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:57 pm I saw standout LB Jason Williams commented on the prairie state article Facebook link. He said “just make sure there is a spot for me”

I think getting him on staff in any capacity would be a great hire. Strength and conditioning. Linebackers. 

I just saw that on FB as well!  That would be super exciting!