vs South Dakota

wiu712

South Dakota won the game 70-68

Ryan Myers led the Western scoring with 25 points.

Drew Cisee had 20 Rebounds.

Western had 8 Blocks.

Attendance at Western Hall = 693
meganeck

loyalfan wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:04 pm I really appreciated Coach B and his honesty in the post game show.  He expected to win and took all the blame for not.  He also recognized the fact that some ppl are gonna say “ Well, it looks like it’s the same ol men’s basketball team that can play well but then always lets it slip away”. That is NOT the exact quote cause my memory isn’t quite like it used to be, but that was the gist of it..and he was quick to point out that, that isn’t what he expects and he will get it better.  And if you just listened to him and the passion and experience he has from past experiences then ya know what?  I believe him and i totally expect this program to be really good in a few yrs.  It’s already better and more exciting and athletic than I can remember in past years.  This is just year one!

I was going to post the same thing, his honestly is great, I think we really got a good one in him and I am really pulling for him to have success, I think he is on the right path.
Loyalfan, I think you are on the right path about the quote, I think maybe BJ interrupted him and he never got to finish what he was going to say, but that is the direction he was going.

I also like to hear that the locker room wasnt dealing well with the loss, that means these guys care and they were expecting to win also, I also like that he has apologized multiple times for the schedule. He admits the schedule is all on him and he was trying to help the university out by playing some "money" games.

meganeck

beauspencer wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:10 pm I’ve been very impressed with how this team has improved with each game. I watched the first half of the SMU game, and just shook my head thinking it was going to be a long year. The team I have watched these past three games is a night and day improvement over the team I saw start the season. I’m excited for what Coach Boudreau is bringing to this program. 

Good point Beau and I think Coach has admitted they are getting better, but not as quick as he had hoped.
bignecks

A note on the players not taking it well. They were professional and friendly when greeting fans after the game which raised my opinion on all of them. 
loyalfan

I think Coach B is gonna be one of the best hires we have had in along time.. I liked Coach Molinari, liked Coach Jeter too. BUT I don’t think any coach is gonna like it here, genuinely, unless you came from this area.imo