Head Coaching Search

WIU2DC

huskie wrote:Who cares what the players think. 

There are very big name alumni players that are on the committee that won a lot of games and went onto successful careers after WIU. I care about their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
huskie

I wasn't referring to alumni players. Current players is how I read the statement.
leatherneckcountry

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:15 pm
huskie wrote:Who cares what the players think. 

There are very big name alumni players that are on the committee that won a lot of games and went onto successful careers after WIU. I care about their opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that as current players 

vatusay

AD should be final say. His name is tied to the hire. Like said before players might not like it. But their portal that is beloved will fill roster spots. Program already lost most important player from the roster. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
Rockydog

huskie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm Who cares what the players think. 

Fair statement, but if you don’t care what the players think then why include them in the process.
Rockydog

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:15 pm If you are listening to the opinions of players mired in a 24 game losing streak, you should not be an AD IMHO.

The AD is the one who decided to include them in the first place.  I’m not saying their opinion should matter, but I also don’t understand why you include them if it doesn’t.
Rockydog

I will also say that some AD somewhere along with those big name Alumni players all agreed to hire Hen just two short years ago, and every single player on that team (talented or not) could have told you that he was NOT head coach material form the moment they met him. 

so if makes you feel better to slam our players, by all means do it.  Just realize that the “committee” chose Hen 😂
leatherneckcountry

Also wondering if most of the players are offensive players and Paul is leaning defensive coach I could see that being part of the problem I don’t know if that’s the case just throwing it out there 
Rockydog

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:37 pm Also wondering if most of the players are offensive players and Paul is leaning defensive coach I could see that being part of the problem I don’t know if that’s the case just throwing it out there 

That’s not the case.
huskie

Rockydog wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:27 pm
huskie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm Who cares what the players think. 

Fair statement, but if you don’t care what the players think then why include them in the process.

As a curtesy.