new fundraiser -50K before kickoff

meganeck

I see Coach Davis has a tweet about a fundraiser for football they are doing. I'm glad to see they are doing something. It mentioned food (training table) and some facility improvements the money would be used on.
rocki

Just watched the video - is this geared toward football alumni? He specifically mentioned them is why I am asking. And what would facilities upgrades be? Specifically those for Hanson Field.
meganeck

rocki wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:26 pm Just watched the video - is this geared toward football alumni? He specifically mentioned them is why I am asking. And what would facilities upgrades be? Specifically those for Hanson Field.

I kinda had those same questions, noticed that also he mentioned the alumni. Also seemed it was more for the food/training table than improvements. Even if it was all going towards improvements to facilities not much you could do with $50,000. Would like to see or hear more specifics.

Leatherneck57

meganeck wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:13 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:26 pm Just watched the video - is this geared toward football alumni? He specifically mentioned them is why I am asking. And what would facilities upgrades be? Specifically those for Hanson Field.

I kinda had those same questions, noticed that also he mentioned the alumni. Also seemed it was more for the food/training table than improvements. Even if it was all going towards improvements to facilities not much you could do with $50,000. Would like to see or hear more specifics.

Some of the facility upgrades is new graphics for the East side of Hanson Field adding the OVC logo, coaches offices (they are really outdated) and new furniture for the locker room. Our coaches currently have no privacy for player meetings etc.

Please feel free to donate. Thank you for considering a donation.

https://bit.ly/WIUFOOTBALL

meganeck

Leatherneck57 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:37 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:13 pm

Some of the facility upgrades is new graphics for the East side of Hanson Field adding the OVC logo, coaches offices (they are really outdated) and new furniture for the locker room. Our coaches currently have no privacy for player meetings etc.

Please feel free to donate. Thank you for considering a donation.

https://bit.ly/WIUFOOTBALL

thanks for clearing it up some
rocki

Is there anyplace to find out how the fundraising is going?

rocki wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:35 pm Is there anyplace to find out how the fundraising is going?

There was a new video on Twitter today with an update.
rocki

Guest wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:52 pm
rocki wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:35 pm Is there anyplace to find out how the fundraising is going?

There was a new video on Twitter today with an update.

Still didn't give an amount, though.
Leatherneck57

Huge thank you to our Leatherneck Football Alumni that donated to the “$50,000 Before Kickoff” campaign! We did it in 2 weeks! 

https://www.facebook.com/share/Hte79dws ... tid=WC7FNe