NIL

meganeck

Coach made an interesting comment on the post game show, sounds like they will look into getting a NIL collective started or going. He said a couple teams in the OVC have already started one and WIU needs one to keep up. He commented that the Summit wasn't really worried about NIL, its more about facilities in that conference. Coach B said he doesn't think kids care as much about facilities as they use to. He was talking basketball not any other sport.

Anyway i'm interested to see what happens along this line. 
NecksFan1523

meganeck wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:19 am Coach made an interesting comment on the post game show, sounds like they will look into getting a NIL collective started or going. He said a couple teams in the OVC have already started one and WIU needs one to keep up. He commented that the Summit wasn't really worried about NIL, its more about facilities in that conference. Coach B said he doesn't think kids care as much about facilities as they use to. He was talking basketball not any other sport.

Anyway i'm interested to see what happens along this line. 

I would agree, NIL money is a more important thing for today's Divison I athletes. I heard multiple coaches from a variety of universities say that's one of, if not the 1st question recruits ask is how much NIL money can the school offer. 2nd important factor, especially at a small sized Min-Major school like us is the ability to win the Conference auto bid and make the March Madness Tourney. 
4EverPurple&Gold

With starting a collective that might cause a little pickle at WIU.

We need to upgrade our facilities, point black period. They are alright compared to OVC schools, but I don't want it to be up to par ow and then we behind like in the Summit.

IF money towards that is going to paying players then I worry facility upgrades going on the back burner  
WIU0812

https://www.25newsnow.com/2024/02/07/br ... asketball/

There appears to be other ways than just straight donating $$$ from ones pocket. I have seen these cans all over Peoria and some of profits go towards their NIL.