T&F/Cross Country

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Coach Trey Brokaw is leaving after this track season, per Paul Bubb's report to the BOT this morning.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:50 am Coach Trey Brokaw is leaving after this track season, per Paul Bubb's report to the BOT this morning.

Not a big track person but that sucks because he seemed to be doing a great job and was a local guy so hoping he’d stick around. I’m guessing the track coach doesn’t make a lot though 
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:10 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:50 am Coach Trey Brokaw is leaving after this track season, per Paul Bubb's report to the BOT this morning.

Not a big track person but that sucks because he seemed to be doing a great job and was a local guy so hoping he’d stick around. I’m guessing the track coach doesn’t make a lot though 

Did a search online and it looks like he was at $56k in FY23. I agree that it seemed like he was doing good things. Bubb just said personal reasons, so it could be anything...higher paying job, wanting to go into a field that isn't coaching (like Seth Minter did), etc. Idk what his degree is in, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to find a non-coaching job that pays quite a bit more. I assume we'll also lose his wife Stephanie as an assistant coach, but if he's going to another job in the area, maybe not.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Gosh dang it, I wondered how long he would stay, he was doing could things with the program too