Transfer Portal

Bball Fan

Haven't seen any notices of any of our players entering and with the early signees not sure if J.D. has any other recruit possibilities right now, or does he ?

meganeck

Bball wrote:Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:48 am Haven't seen any notices of any of our players entering and with the early signees not sure if J.D. has any other recruit possibilities right now, or does he ?

I don't thinks so, with supposedly 2 of the seniors using their COVID year, I don't think they have any open scholarships unless someone leaves.
leatherneckcountry

I think it should be the 3 we signed early plus Shelby not sure if she’s a walk on or not 
pvk7072

Here is a reliable website to track entrants to the WBB transfer portal.

On the page click the "X" to close the subscribe box (if it shows up), then scroll down to the highlighted list of conferences. Click on "OVC" (or other conference) to select. That will give you a team-by-team list of players who have entered the portal.

If someone has inked with a new team, also lists that.

Updated regularly.

Enjoy.

https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2 ... asketball/

meganeck

Welp, it sucks but not surprising, Raegan McCowan has entered the portal.

Assuming she does leave, WIU should have an open scholarship now. Assume they hit portal to try to find someone to replace her.

meganeck

pvk7072 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 am Here is a reliable website to track entrants to the WBB transfer portal.

On the page click the "X" to close the subscribe box (if it shows up), then scroll down to the highlighted list of conferences. Click on "OVC" (or other conference) to select. That will give you a team-by-team list of players who have entered the portal.

Updated regularly.

Enjoy.

According to this Lily Randgaard is listed being in the portal.
Bball Fan

Absolutely zero surprise on Regan McCowan entering the transfer portal. Thanks for a very memorable year and wish her the best wherever she chooses to further her career. 

Bball Fan

Not shocked on Lilly leaving. She never was really given opportunity to display her talent at WIU. I have no doubt she will find success elsewhere. 
meganeck

pvk7072 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:50 am Here is a reliable website to track entrants to the WBB transfer portal.

Updated regularly.

Enjoy.

Not sure what is going on with the Morehead St womens program but according to this link, it is showing 10 of their players are in the portal.

sealhall74

Well, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer via this transfer portal.  I dont know how else you can look at from a low mid-major perspective.   At this level, the smartest thing to do might be to recruit 15 or 20 very quick and athletic ladies who are maybe not so talented in any one particular sport.  Develop them and let them play 2 or 3 sports for you.  Odds are you will keep them around long enough to earn a degree.  If they are quick enough with good hand eye coordination, they will win a few games of whatever in the OVC guaranteed from what I have seen of it this year.

Embrace the pace of the race.