Beer at NIU Games

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
sealhall74

Has the Athletic Department ever taken a survey of students and fans in attendance to see what is going on? I went to a DII Basketball game a few years back at Francis Marion in South Carolina. The head guy himself was there handing out surveys and took the time to talk personally to those in attendance. That same guy really got my attention when he was taking in dollar bills on the court at half-time from all the people trying to make half-court shots. People need a reason to show up and have fun because the game itself is not always going to cut it, as far as entertainment value goes. Just how many points is a good crowd worth? I have to think a few hundred more last Saturday would have been worth a field goal. But the weather was bad? Sure. Turn a lemon into lemonade. Parade some people out on the field at half-time to see who has the slickest-looking "slicker". Everyone likes to be seen on the big video screen.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Has the Athletic Department ever taken a survey of students and fans in attendance to see what is going on? I went to a DII Basketball game a few years back at Francis Marion in South Carolina. The head guy himself was there handing out surveys and took the time to talk personally to those in attendance. That same guy really got my attention when he was taking in dollar bills on the court at half-time from all the people trying to make half-court shots. People need a reason to show up and have fun because the game itself is not always going to cut it, as far as entertainment value goes. Just how many points is a good crowd worth? I have to think a few hundred more last Saturday would have been worth a field goal. But the weather was bad? Sure. Turn a lemon into lemonade. Parade some people out on the field at half-time to see who has the slickest-looking "slicker". Everyone likes to be seen on the big video screen.
It was Halloween...couldn't have come up with some type of costume contest?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote:It was Halloween...couldn't have come up with some type of costume contest?
There were some Halloween based things planned for the game. But the rainy day put a big damper on all of that.

The only ones that I saw dressed for Halloween were members of the Band.
Tere North

You would actually need to promote costumes, build up the hype, etc., and deliver if you wanted to get participation. Heck, BkB gets good participation for the iPad events, surely FB could do something similar.