Season Opener at Wisconsin

Necks2003

What a great beginning to a season. We should only hopefully get better from here as Billy tweaks the lineup to fully utilize the players we have.

Love it, Go necks
vatusay

So. Awesome.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So....um....we're trending nationally on twitter. That's kinda huge.

Also, courtside view of the win:

[tweet]665380559707889665[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Rocky Swishterson

Congratulations to coach Wright and WIU. Best win ever in WIU history, regardless of sport. I've been watching Leatherneck hoops since 1969. Very, very happy. Very.
cubsflag

cubsflag wrote:
wiu712 wrote:Preview of Friday's game as seen on WGEM Sports with Ben Marth:
http://www.wgem.com/story/30496699/2015 ... pen-season
what a great job billy wright is doing.
yep.billy wright sure is doing a great job.thank goodness wiu got him to come back.
OldHare

Outstanding win on the road for the Leathernecks. It appears preseason poll might be inaccurate for the Summit MBB. Congratulations WIU!
wiu712

Video of the last 10 seconds as it was shown on the Big Ten Network:

Recap of the game from the Big Ten Network post-game show:
meganeck

2 returners who played major minutes last year, didn't even play either....Miklusak & Batish.

I wonder if one of the freshman will be redshirted, Claar or Hughes didn't play either.
W1U

Wow! I think that's all that I can say. So pleased with that effort last night.
Neckfansince71

Let me be the first to say that no one saw this night coming! That's not to say that being competitive for most of the night against Wisconsin wasn't a reachable goal, but you never ever know how kids, and I mean kids are going to react to an environment such as the Kohl Center and a Final Four Banner raising to boot. But in actuality, Wisconsin had more question marks on this years team than WIU. Pre-season rankings are just crystal ball suggestions at times. Last in the Summit, yes with last years team WIU is. But this year's team, healthy, and one more year of experience, plus the addition of a bonafide big body, and the answer is "hell" no. What you saw last night was a senior coming out party for CJ Fuller and Tate, and a patient Garret C. who let the game come to him instead of forcing things as he did last year. Two weeks ago I talked to Coach Wright and he noted that the Necks were finally healthy, something that never happened last year. The Necks also got some really good minutes off the bench which is going be very important as the season goes on. I will say though that the last couple of minutes seemed like WIU was trying not to lose although they did actually miss a couple of good shots inside. No matter, it was a great night and after gazing at my crystal ball this morning I can say with confidence that the Badgers have alot of work to do with some rough days ahead, and Necks, well, they are not the worst team in the Summit this year. In fact with health and Billy Wright they have the chance to be pretty damn good. ;) jc

ps. Really would love to drive to Macomb for the UIC game on Tuesday. I sure hope the student body gets after it in Western Hall.