WIU - Week 8

sealhall74

vatusay wrote:just following via twitter. did they switch to the dreaded "playing not to lose" game plan/.
I would say you hit the nail on the head.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Bad Bad loss, on the road up 16 you have to win those. Didn't see the game, but looking at stats big difference in free throws.
letsgonecks

Stopped being aggressive, got sloppy and man those refs sucked. Usually the feeling for the losing team in a close game, but they were really poor. Omaha put the ball on the floor and drove....foul on us, we drive.......let them play. The ball out on Tate when we were up 11 was a joke. Should have been a foul or out on them, but the ref behind the play said off his knee!!!! No call at the end was bad. So they don't call a foul and review shows the D didn't touch the ball and we lose.

Tate was awesome and has been great all year. Did a lot of good things both halves, but slowed at the end of both.
vatusay

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

I cant stand conservative play. Why change from what is working? Football is even worse.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Neckfansince71

Let's go, thanks for your analysis and observations! ;) jc
sealhall74

Have a theory about Fuller. He usually comes out of the gate like gang-buster and then late in game, his shots all come up short. I think it might be because he elevates so much on jump shots. That has to eventually wear a kid out. If you don't need to explode of the floor, go up easy and smooth. If you are unguarded, a 6-8 inch elevation is good enough. Just do what Nate does.

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by sealhall74 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

Conservative no, smart yes! ;) jc
cubsflag

heartbreaker,yes,but not the end of the world.im sure the players will learn from it.i like how many guys got some valuable experience.i love what i seen in Bruster.i also liked how the bigs looked though the big red head didnt play much.i didnt see any change in the way they played in end,unlike what others thought.in all honesty the big 3 got ambushed the last 9 minutes by some of the fastest guys i ever seen.and of course wiu wasnt going to the calls at omaha.
wiu712

Omaha won the game 82-80.

Tate Stensgaard led the Western scoring with 26 points. Garret Covington and J.C. Fuller each had 17 points.

Western's largest lead was 16. Omaha's largest lead was 2.

Another big free-throw differential. Western shot 9 (made 7). Omaha shot 32 (made 24).

Attendance at Omaha was 1,576.
cubsflag

too many minutes for 4 of the starters.and it showed in the end.the bench played great.i would love to see bruster and brandon get more minutes.the 3 guards already have a penchant for doing it themselves and they only get worse when tired.the three combined for 13 turn-overs to their 9 assist and committed 12 fouls.and only covington went to free throw line.they shot a combined 13-35.tate was great but had nothing left in tank the last 9 minutes.