Transfers

bignecks

Another note: I think Bubb smoked the field on getting away from the Summit/MVC. If a new league is created I think they're moving up and there's going to be other schools there that can't do it. We avoided the "left without a home" scenario. 
sealhall74

bignecks wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 pm Another note: I think Bubb smoked the field on getting away from the Summit/MVC. If a new league is created I think they're moving up and there's going to be other schools there that can't do it. We avoided the "left without a home" scenario. 

He like most of us grew tired of getting smoked "on the field".

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

bignecks wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 pm Another note: I think Bubb smoked the field on getting away from the Summit/MVC. If a new league is created I think they're moving up and there's going to be other schools there that can't do it. We avoided the "left without a home" scenario.

Yup...won't be long and the Dakota schools, UNI, MO State, and ILSU will all be wherever the G5 ends up after all the shuffling happens. I've heard hints of YSU looking at the CAA with all their movement lately too. MVFC might not be around much longer.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU2DC

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If past data is any indication, over half will not find a new home to play at.
rocki

I guess the only way for me to look at it (besides this being the nature of the beast nowdays) is how many would have hit the portal anyway after an 0-22 record.
meganeck

I heard Michigan and Northwestern were the only 2 schools that didn't have any one go into the portal these first days. I assume that is probably only FBS schools and it might only be P5 schools not sure on that, but still an interesting note.
vatusay

Sorry, but I despise the transfer portal.  I think it hurts as many student athletes as it helps. 

#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Question.  Are those entering the portal required to list a reason or reasons for leaving on their application?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:35 pm Question.  Are those entering the portal required to list a reason or reasons for leaving on their application?

I don't believe so.