GDT @ Akron

wiu712

Today's Peoria Journal-Star had an article about the possibility of Bradley moving their Men's Basketball games back on campus.

The thinking is that their on-campus arena could be expanded by 2,000 seats which would bring the capacity up to 6,000.
cubsflag

wiu just needs to find a Terrell Parks--by far the best player to ever play for wiu --with the only possible argument would be ceola clark
beauspencer

Terell Parks was a great player and is a great guy, but not the best player to ever play at WIU.
sealhall74

beauspencer wrote:Terell Parks was a great player and is a great guy, but not the best player to ever play at WIU.
I buy that argument Beau. But would he be best DI 6'8"+ player?
Embrace the pace of the race.
beauspencer

I would say yes.
cubsflag

sealhall74 wrote:
beauspencer wrote:Terell Parks was a great player and is a great guy, but not the best player to ever play at WIU.
lol-lmao--u buy what argument?he didnt give one.--lol
cubsflag

cubsflag wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:
lol-lmao--u buy what argument?he didnt give one.--lol
im a big man person so if he best 6 8 or over--he the best in my opinion
meganeck

WIU0812 wrote:Ya, I mean it is just a higher level and tough to compete when you are having to use some many filler players as starters. Need a strong recruiting year. It would be very sad to see Covington who is arguably the best player to come to WIU go all four years and not make it to playoffs. I could see it happening though if they can not impress recruits which is already tough to do with a run down arena with no knew technology yet placed in western hall. Hopefully the Video boards get up soon so when visits happen they have at least some kind of new attraction. Would be nice to see them get one of those video boards that sit on the court where the stats guys and refs sit. Those are always a great addition. You could even get a ribbon board for bottom of the score board one of the circle ones that goes all the way around to display stats and different words.
Well unless some guys leave or Billy runs them off, they only have 2 scholarships for next year and one is spoken for so only 1 left now. So as of right now the 16 class will be very important.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:
WIU0812 wrote:Ya, I mean it is just a higher level and tough to compete when you are having to use some many filler players as starters. Need a strong recruiting year. It would be very sad to see Covington who is arguably the best player to come to WIU go all four years and not make it to playoffs. I could see it happening though if they can not impress recruits which is already tough to do with a run down arena with no knew technology yet placed in western hall. Hopefully the Video boards get up soon so when visits happen they have at least some kind of new attraction. Would be nice to see them get one of those video boards that sit on the court where the stats guys and refs sit. Those are always a great addition. You could even get a ribbon board for bottom of the score board one of the circle ones that goes all the way around to display stats and different words.
Well unless some guys leave or Billy runs them off, they only have 2 scholarships for next year and one is spoken for so only 1 left now. So as of right now the 16 class will be very important.
I think it is time to give some thought to a coaching metric that takes into consideration number of recruits, years on board for recruits, and won/loss record during that time period. I could probably sell it.
Embrace the pace of the race.