University of North Dakota's new nickname

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Well.....idk about that.

Everything I'm seeing says that jaguar is the same in spanish as it is in english...essentially "el jaguar".
El tigre is tiger.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:Well.....idk about that.

Everything I'm seeing says that jaguar is the same in spanish as it is in english...essentially "el jaguar".
El tigre is tiger.
Did you try the link beneath the youtube?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:

El tigre is tiger.
Yea, I saw that. :|
Seems kinda tricky that you were going off of the secondary definition, when there's also a valid answer if you use the primary definition.
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:

El tigre is tiger.
Yea, I saw that. :|
Seems kinda tricky that you were going off of the secondary definition, when there's also a valid answer if you use the primary definition.
I should have further qualified it. Public university would have made it too easy. Could have gone with "and home to a nationally-ranked table tennis team".
wiu712

Intercollegiate athletics are a new development at Governors State. They became a member of the NAIA this fall.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: I should have further qualified it. Public university would have made it too easy. Could have gone with "and home to a nationally-ranked table tennis team".
Ha...yea, that'd be a tricky one. Best I could find online were rankings from 2012, and they weren't listed there.
sealhall74

Here is a tough one for you. What school has a secret process in place for choosing the student who dons its mascot costume? In theory, no one is allowed to know the identity of that student inside the costume until graduation time, when the student's identity is finally revealed by the honor of wearing special ornamentation with his/her gown.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Here is a tough one for you. What school has a secret process in place for choosing the student who dons its mascot costume? In theory, no one is allowed to know the identity of that student inside the costume until graduation time, when the student's identity is finally revealed by the honor of wearing special ornamentation with his/her gown.
I'm pretty sure that's Michigan State. My cousin was in the drumline there for 4 years and at Christmas a couple of years ago he was telling me about Sparty and the stuff that he'd do with the band, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned something like what you described.
sealhall74

Sparty's boots are optional at graduation.
http://www.foundmichigan.org/wp/2012/10 ... an-mascot/

That is not the one I had in mind.

Another clue for you. The mascot costume looks absolutely nothing like a plane or Superman.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:Sparty's boots are optional at graduation.
http://www.foundmichigan.org/wp/2012/10 ... an-mascot/

That is not the one I had in mind.

Another clue for you. The mascot costume looks absolutely nothing like a plane or Superman.
Aaaaah.....ok, I think I figured it out. I'll wait and give some other people a chance to weigh in first though.