WIU - Week 8

wiu2013

JoeWx21- I don't know why you are always upset! Unfortunately, none of these players can create their own shot off the dribble. All of them need some type of movement to create space for their shot.

It is very disappointing that every time I read this board there is an overwhelming amount of fare weather fans! So to Vautsay, the true ride or die fans appreciate that you will not be at home conference games! This team needs true fans that will cheer and support them! No team should have to play on their own home floor and fight the opponent and also fight the negativity of their own fans!

I hope no one ever gave up so easily on either of you when you were playing sports!
JoeWx21

Seal what are you talking about? Pressuring the guards? They run literally a 1/4 offense. Good back and look at how many times no gets in front of the rim. Literally the guards get the ball, dribble around, may get inside the arc, then kick out for a 3 or a 12 foot shot. When was the last time anyone got a dunk in a game. They had 1 tip in the entire game. Pretty much they have gone soft and are ok with it. Might as well have J.D. coach because that is all he runs for the women's team, jump shooters.
JoeWx21

WIU2013 I have been here when only 50 people went to games, and the program could only managed 8 wins. I'm not fair whether. It hurts to see potential being wasted. I know what I'm talking about because I see the game.
wiu2013

I will agree this team is soft (but this is not all of a sudden)! Outside of Tate they do not have that "killer" instinct, but they did not have it last year. So, as a coach what are you supposed to do? These are not the same type of players as in the past, so you have to unfortunately treat them with kid gloves! I "see" and "hear" the game also, and I have heard the coaches tell them they play softly and need to get tougher. They can tell them to get tougher, but they can't be tough for them and put the ball in the basket for them!
meganeck

I only saw about the last 2-3 minutes as I was busy most of the day. To me it seems like the men's team is similar to the women's team, which is if the 3's are falling then they have a good chance at winning, if not they have no chance.
vatusay

Lol, please, "fair weather" fan?

I've been keeping track and supporting team since they were the lowest ranked team in college ball.

When they show some kind of inside game I'll go spend money. Until then I'll watch via watch ESPN or listen to the radio. I was at games when they were horrible. I attended nearly every home game way before the success the program saw during the TP and CC years.

This dribbling around YMCA high school intramural offense is a joke for division one basketball.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu2013

It's so easy to continue to criticize when "coaching from the couch!"
vatusay

They are making it easy at the moment.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

South Dakota State won the game 63-59. Western led by 5 at the half. Western did lead by 11 in the first quarter.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 20 points. Tate Stensgaard had 15.

Another big free throw differential: Western shot 13 (made 12). South Dakota State shot 26 (made 18).

Attendance at South Dakota State was 2,573.
vatusay

Have to attack the basket to get to the charity stripe.

This team will be in the 10-15 attempt range, on a good night, until they figure that out.
#ALLIN #YOLO