WIU vs Northern Arizona (9/10/2016)

leatherneckcountry

I'm impressed there coach knows where macomb is.
LocalYokelFan

Looks like I'm the first WIU fan to call it the other way, I'm going 42-31 Jacks over the 'Necks. Would LOVE to be wrong. Really sounds like they hung in tough vs. a very hostile Pac12 opening weekend opponent. I'm worried about their speed on offense vs. our secondary and I agree that the low heat and humidity will be a benefit to them. I really hope Coach Fisher and Elson hold them to <20, I'll happily eat my plate full of crow, and will look forward to big things the rest of the way. McGuire takes a step forward this week as NAU stacks the box to start the game, but it's just not quite enough to keep up with NAU's aerial assault.

Intangible edge might swing our way if we get over 8,000 in attendance; I just don't see that happening though.
wiu51

I will second the thought that we lose. If the same team that showed up last week shows up we don't have a chance. Our DB will need to have the game of their year to stop NAU passing attack. 28-10 NAU.
vatusay

oooh i do like their jerseys.

i hope im wrong, but i dont like the speed match-up. especially their skill positions vs our secondary.

35-24

Prove me wrong 'necks!!!
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Is that Jailhouse Rock(y) I hear playing in the background at Grady Field?

[tweet]774394410100555776[/tweet]
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I think this will be a great high scoring game but i like WIU because I think the fact that NAU is one dimensional on offense figure greatly in there hands Cookus isn't going to but up big numbers on the which are the types of QB's who usually give us troubles that along with what will probably be the second worse defense we face i Like WIU 45-35.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote:I think this will be a great high scoring game but i like WIU because I think the fact that NAU is one dimensional on offense figure greatly in there hands Cookus isn't going to but up big numbers on the which are the types of QB's who usually give us troubles that along with what will probably be the second worse defense we face i Like WIU 45-35.
I don't think they are one dimensional. Last year, they averaged 170yds/game on the ground which is 30 yards more than we averaged. They are a pass first team and use the pass to set up the run. We do it the opposite way. I agree, Cookus is not going to scamper for an 80yd TD but a QB who can get 30-40 yards on the ground per game is deadly at the FCS level. NDSU lives and dies (mostly lives) on that strategy every week of season. This should be a fun game to watch.

Edited: gun->fun. 2nd Amendment is a touchy subject now. Can't risk offending someone.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Quig

Fellas NAU fans are so excited for this game. Look out for our run tho man, #13 will cut ya all day. And #23 IS beast mode.
4 games the valley vs the sky- great day.

U got some big boys. But our oline is experienced and hungry for some rushing yards. Plus dline is healthy and monstrous commin of those ends!
ESPN 3 all afternoon
mt jack

Good stuff here, WIU fans. I'm going to do my best to make it to the return game in Flagstaff next year. Sadly, our board is dead but a mix of NAU fans are represented on championshipsubdivision.com and anygivensaturday.com and they'll answer questions for any WIU fans making the trip to Flagstaff.

Dave - It's neat to hop on an FCS football forum and read posts from a former Tinsley Hall (Crazies) neighbor at NAU. Hope all is well for you in Flagstaff.

Excited to watch the game tomorrow on the internet. Go Jacks!

- John (MT Jack)