WIU at Illinois State (11/4/17)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 pm It took a couple hours of hacking to get these things working after not using them for a year or two. Based on conference only stats, the Birds have a little more surface area in the radar chart, so I think advantage goes to them. Also called a spider chart and would have been appropriate yesterday. I am usually a day late and dollar short in most things.

Not seeing the image currently. Maybe need to make it viewable by the public, or export it and upload to something like imgur.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:43 pm It took a couple hours of hacking to get these things working after not using them for a year or two. Based on conference only stats, the Birds have a little more surface area in the radar chart, so I think advantage goes to them. Also called a spider chart and would have been appropriate yesterday. I am usually a day late and dollar short in most things.

Not seeing the image currently. Maybe need to make it viewable by the public, or export it and upload to something like imgur.
DropBox worked for me but nobody else. Let's try Imgur. Seems to work. ST can you see this?

Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup, image works fine that way. I think it's just a permissions issue with dropbox or something.

With regards to the actual stats "coverage", you have to remember that they have already played Indiana State and have yet to play NDSU and SDSU. I'd have to imagine that if SDSU plays like they did against us, both games will be solid losses for the Redbirds and will have an impact on their stats. We have a much easier late-season schedule, whereas they had a much easier early-season schedule.
rocki

I'm sure we all read the descriptions of the team's lackluster attitude before last week's game. Is anyone close enough to any of the players or coaches to tell whether it seems they are back to their "fighting" attitude, or do we enter the game with ISUr expecting to, um, not do well? :?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'm not close enough to the team to know of their mental state at this point.

It does look like the weather has been revised a bit...rain in the morning, but less in the afternoon, and getting up closer to around 60, which should be much nicer than the upper 40's-50 that they were saying originally. I think that less rain helps us in the passing game, most likely.
wiu712

We seem to play better on the road. So we have that going for us this Saturday! :D
wiu712

WIU hopes to finish fight at Illinois State.
From tonight's WGEM Sports with Ben Marth:
http://www.wgem.com/story/36753048/2017 ... nois-state

FCS Top Ten Announced.
wiu712

Western looks to get back to winning ways.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... nning-ways
rocki

wiu712 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm WIU hopes to finish fight at Illinois State.

FCS Top Ten Announced.
So, I guess the good news is that all 3 teams we've lost to are in the top ten?????????
sealhall74

rocki wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:15 am
wiu712 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm WIU hopes to finish fight at Illinois State.

FCS Top Ten Announced.
So, I guess the good news is that all 3 teams we've lost to are in the top ten?????????
This ^^^^ and the fact that they have to beat up on each other for the next 3 weeks. If UNI beats USD tomorrow and we beat ISUr, we might be able to get an outright second place finish in the conference. That would probably get us a top 8 seed position.
Embrace the pace of the race.